1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Why am I getting this update?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by nlinecomputers, Dec 11, 2010.

1. nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers New Member

SOLVED: Why am I getting this update?

Hi

I have a Droid 1 running build FRG22D-metiCkOne. As I understood it when I installed this updates were supposed to be blocked. This morning I am being prompted for a verizon update. I assume to Android 2.2.1. This weekend is absolutely the worst time for this. I don't have time to frak with something that will possibly unroot my phone and leave two critical apps dead. I don't have the time to risk with this.

The phone is prompting me to update every hour. How do I shut off this crap? Why am I seeing this when it is supposed to be blocked?

HELP.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  2. swallisa

swallisa Beta Team

Can't answer why your getting update but you can choose to download but not install. I believe it's choose update install later....don't quote me on that as I have not personally seen the update.
  3. nlinecomputers

I have chosen install later, about 12 times today. It would go away for the day I wouldn't complain. I select it and in 30 minutes it's back.
  4. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

5. nlinecomputers

Thanks. That did it. Maybe next weekend I update but that stops the nag.