Why all the ravings for each release ?

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by xythil, Apr 6, 2010.

1. xythil

xythil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Perhaps I am missing something or perhaps it is because I am relatively new but people act like it is the second coming every time blackdroid releases a new rom. I honestly can't tell the difference between 7.8 and 9.

It might be a bit smoother but that just might be in my head influenced by the mass ravings on he forums.

I appeiate blackdroids work but what am I missing? Where does all the fanfaire come from?

2. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I only thing that I can see is the base of the rom. UD 7.8 was ESE53 and UD 9.0 is ESE27. With that, ESE27 themes better. I don't run any of the UD roms, so I can't provide any other feedback.

3. CNYDroid

CNYDroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The changes from 7.8 to now have been smaller...more fine tuning but compare 5 to 9 and it is a completely different world

4. xythil

xythil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I only chose bd because there were hundreds of people viewing this forum compared to the 10 or so on the other roms lol... no idea which rom is best. I just wanted the fastest and smoothest experiance

5. powerwagon

powerwagon Member

Ratings:
    +2

I'm kind of with you, although I'm totally caught up in the wait as well...don't really know why though. Cyanogen is really the only rom I have used so far that really has a bunch of non-native options available. I do like the speed and stability of BD though. BB is the fastest and smoothest I have used to date. Who knows though...wish I had an answer.

6. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Here is what I would like to see. A mix of roms to make one great one. BB for speed and battery life. Cyanogen for the extra features and themes. That would about do it for me. I would not have to flash another rom.

7. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    People like to hop on bandwagons...... Myself I like to be different but very stable and fast. V9 is silly smooth for me and it will take a lot for me too jump from this very stable rom.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

8. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's pretty much what ud is..... If you have been following him for any time you can see the pattern.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk