Who's waiting for the Nexus / Droid Prime?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
The title should read who isn't waiting for the next nexus to pull the upgrade trigger. Unlocked bootloader, dual 1.5ghz core, 4G, ICS out the gate...what's not to wait for? Although there could be delays...but that's part of the game.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

EMRJ

Reaction score
Ssssspyder

I'm very interested in the Prime, but I might have to wait until I can compare it to the Droid RAZR/Spyder/HD upcoming from Motorola. Kevlar and gorilla glass? I might not be able to pass that up.

alucard9114

Reaction score
if its really stock (which if its a nexus on verizon it will be) i'll be retiring my bionic beside my d1, dx, dx2, d3, revolution, thunderbolt, and iphone. i get bored easy so i just buy a new phone.

We are in a rescission you should donate some of those phones to poor people with og droids.:)

cant wait for the Prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I'm very interested in the Prime, but I might have to wait until I can compare it to the Droid RAZR/Spyder/HD upcoming from Motorola. Kevlar and gorilla glass? I might not be able to pass that up.

Never know when you need a bullet proof device to protect you from a stray round. ;-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Wait... Kevlar??? Woah... Some phones just have some RANDOM stuff! That's amazing! =P Sounds like it'll be tougher than an Otterbox then! =P Just might save my life someday... Eagle Scouts should always be prepared! ;)

gthotie5

Reaction score
I don't mind waiting since I wont be able to get it till christmas.
My contract isn't up till next year so ill have to pay full price for this Beast.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Waiting for Nexus and I'm hoping Google is doing everything it can to get this out ON TIME. Keep telling myself they want it to compete against the I-5.

Gave up on bionic a while ago.

Nexus is on the top of my list followed by Vigor (especially) since Das Bamf has already confirmed their development for the Vigor (has no way shape or form to do with it being a HTC device, if it wasn't for Das Bamf I would have turned my Thunderbolt into a Pile oh crap replica and mailed it to them)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

nbucko

Reaction score
In the same boat here. Still hanging on to my OG because I haven't found anything worthy of my money yet. A dual core 1.2 or better with a gig of ram, 4g, unlocked bootloader, and a nice screen that isn't so big I feel like I'm toting a tablet in my pocket is all I want. Is that too much to ask?

I'm still a huge fan of a physical keyboard too so that would be a bonus if there was an option that had one.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

EMRJ

Reaction score
In the same boat here. Still hanging on to my OG because I haven't found anything worthy of my money yet. A dual core 1.2 or better with a gig of ram, 4g, unlocked bootloader, and a nice screen that isn't so big I feel like I'm toting a tablet in my pocket is all I want. Is that too much to ask?

I'm still a huge fan of a physical keyboard too so that would be a bonus if there was an option that had one.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
If you can wait a little while you can have your wish. A super-slim, super cool Moto D4 is in tester's hands now.

By little while, I mean a month or two...I think it will be released pre-holiday given that it's being tested alongside the Spyder and Prime.

Last edited:

nbucko

Reaction score
If you can wait a little while you can have your wish. A super-slim, super cool Moto D4 is in tester's hands now.

By little while, I mean a month or two...I think it will be released pre-holiday given that it's being tested alongside the Spyder and Prime.

Well, I waited for the D3 as well as the bionic so I suppose I can wait a bit longer for the D4 unless Sammie comes out with something spectacular before then.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the Droid 17, I figure its only 14 more model years before we get there, assuming they release 1 a year

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

Lucas5

Reaction score
i haven't been very happy with my tbolt so i'm wiling to pay retail if the rumors prove true about the prime.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
It depends on when it gets released. I am still thinking about getting the Bionic. But this Nexus has gotten my attention.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i want 2 of them ( one for me and one for wife ) may end up paying retail .. but may just wait for upgrade and see whats avail .. eligible 6/12