Who's still running SS 4.96?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Oxymoron, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just curious to see who is still running 4.96 as opposed to 5.4. More specifically, those that ran 5.4 and flashed back to 4.96.

I've only been running SS since GB, so that's why I'm curious. If you have flashed back to 4.96, what were your reasons?

I'm thinking of flashing 4.96 to get back to being able to capture quality video. That seems to be an issue with every GB ROM on the D1. Never had that with Froyo.

Thoughts? Experiences?

*customized tapatalk signature*

2. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    I wouldn't go back. Even though there's a few more memory management issues to deal with in GB, once things are dialed in (trimming things down, choosing apps to lock into memory, using the supercharger script, etc) the overall performance boost and enhanced features make it worth it.

That said, of course ANY rom at this point has its issues. The time for upgrading the hardware is near... hello Bionic, where are you?

3. Suuperflie

Suuperflie Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I'm running 4.96 but I never ran a GB Roman on my Droid. I read about all the memory issues and figure its not worth the hassle. 4.96 suits me just fine.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    It's pretty nice though. It's now based on CM7 so you get all those benefits. Home screen redraws are virtually gone forever. You get a customizable power widget built into the status bar pulldown.

The biggest hurdle is you really can't just install over the top. You need to wipe. But for most apps, backing up/restoring with Titanium seems to work okay.

5. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I flashed 4.96, but the market wouldn't open. Force closed every time. Couldn't download any apps... I should have just ran fix permissions, but I was at work so I just restored my nand of 5.4.

I'll flash it again when I get more time to fiddle around with it.

*customized tapatalk signature*