Who's Got Jellybean?

bosshog85

Reaction score
Hey just wondering who's running the Jellybean from verizon on their OG RAZRs... I manually updated mine and I'm absolutely loving the huge increase in battery life and quick response. Anyone having issues or anything?

arsou812

Reaction score
I'm considering manually loading tonight, but concerned if any features are lost.

I heavily rely on blue tooth as well as streaming media in car. Is that working well for you?

OP
bosshog85

bosshog85

Reaction score
Yes I use my bluetooth headset a lot and no problems for me. I don't see any deletion of any apps other than motorola's music player they had on ICS.

OP
bosshog85

bosshog85

Reaction score
The Google Play player is still there just not the Motorola one. I really like what they did with everything, so much smoother.

luther1517

Reaction score
I manually upgraded it and everything seems to be working fine for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

OP
bosshog85

bosshog85

Reaction score
Congrats! I got a huge increase in battery life hopefully you will have the same results :D

OP
bosshog85

bosshog85

Reaction score
I don't think so I think that's only if you root and you're not rooting your phone doing this. I doubt that this will be the last aOS upgrade the OG Razr is getting considering it's age but you never know, it DID get Jellybean before some newer Motorolas like the D4 haha

bullswife98

Reaction score
OK, I'll have to think about it. It would be one thing if it wasn't supported anymore but since its still being supported Idk.. also there's no turning back once you update. I think I'll wait for the ota. Was just wondering if it took ya off or not.

Original Droid Razr using Droid Forums. :)

OP
bosshog85

bosshog85

Reaction score
If you update it now and it messes up your phone there have been reports that VZW will give you a replacement one. So I'm almost positive you stay on the OTA chain

bullswife98

Reaction score
Well if its gonna be a long wait for the official ota I may jump on board and update myself. I'll give it a while a see although I'm not very patient with Verizon's timing on ota's.

Original Droid Razr using Droid Forums. :)

OP
bosshog85

bosshog85

Reaction score
It's official that the official update is coming out sometime Q1

pico1

Reaction score
Doesn't make sense why they're dragging their feet. Seems Motorola always gets the shaft.