Who's going to pick one up?

dbdroid

Reaction score
IF it is LTE, IF it is true NEXUS (no bloatware), IF it has KLP, IF it has the QC 800 chip or better, IF it has 440+ pix resolution, IF it has battery strength like HD MAXX, IF it is available from Verizon, I'll buy it to replace my Verizon GNex.

electric6

Reaction score
After a long absence, I have returned for more waiting room punishment.

I love my RAZR max HD,and after rooting and wiping verizons bloat ware off the device thus transforming it into the nexus RAZR that it should have been to start with, I can now say I'll never buy a Android device without pure google again!

Run on sentence off the day indeed!

Anyways, my hopes for this phone are only a couple, being pure Android key lime pie, sealed memory chips(non expandable) of at least 32gb of internal storage with other options like 64GB and 128GB available for purchase add three separate devices ala Apple via the play store, best buy, Walmart, Costco, and of course you're local Verizon store. Oh yeah and I like the 3300mah battery in my maxx HD, so stuck that in there too.

Hmmm and can we have a 13mp shooter on board with high quality optics for once? The software needs to be expanded on as well, which I'm sure KLP will take care of.

Other than that... As long as Motorola can seriously start busting some veins over in south Korea, I'll be happy. I'm about sick of this near constant veiled thievery by the south Koreans, their shoddy, cheap, slave labor built phones, with looney tunes touch wiz, UI lag so bad molasses is faster, and their overall poor use as an actual phone(these things can't get reception through a giant canolli!)

Yeah Samsung will be the end of google if they can't slow the flood of cheap mass produced crap phones with over inflated specs and underwhelming performance.

Google X Phone will be their last chance before Samsung decides to buy google, and turn every body into cheap plastic imitations off Cupertino Born success.

MOTO FTW

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
It's insanely naive to call a rooted/debloated maxx HD a RAZR nexus. Unless you've got a dev edition you've still got a locked bootloader and that is the single biggest issue. I have simple hopes to and they def don't include fixed memory. At least a 2 ghz quad core processor, at least 4 gjgs of ram, 32 GB internal, a micro SD slot, key lime pie, and an unlocked bootloader. This will be a game changing device. I trust google almost as much as I hate apple and their closed ecosystem BS. This will truly be one phone to rule them all.

roadpizza73

Reaction score
It probably will.. Just like almost all Motorola phones do now. What is really getting me though is the placement of the HDMI and charging ports. They put these ports on the side of the phone, and for me, whenever I use my Bionic while charging it, the cord near the tip of the charger is bent at a harsh angle. After a few months of use, the tubing around the cord begins to split, then the wires begin to break, to the point where I have to hold the cord at a certain angle for it to charge.

My suggestion is for the charging port to be at the bottom of the phone.. That way it's not bent at a weird angle. Plus, your outlet is almost always going to be lower than your phone, so it just makes more sense.

Ummm, it may make sense for the way YOU operate, but please understand that may not be a blanket case for 'more sense'.

In MY usage there are three oft-used scenarios where a bottom power jack would make my bionic unusable whilst a power cord is attached, and since it IS a bionic, I really do need to keep the pwr attached as much as possible ^~^.

My case for the side mounted power jack does in Noooooo way make it the only way that makes sense, O.K. ?

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
So long as it comes over to Verizon soon after launch, I'll be fine.. Whenever launch us -.-

m3incorp

Reaction score
I'm afraid that it's "reported" mid tier specs will keep me away...that and the fact that the battery is not removable and it is doesn't have a micro SD slot. I had the Razr and let me tell you that the non-removable battery required that I stay plugged in or have one of my external chargers around all the time. I had to exchange my Razr three times over a one year period, so that didn't help matters either. I do understand that they may price it aggressively, but I'm about performance.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I'm considering it, especially if all the rumored specs are true. Sure it may not be a powerhouse of a phone, but after really looking at how I've used my past 2 Android based phones (Droid X and Galaxy Nexus) I don't think I really need that much. I'd get the one with less on-board memory (I'm only currently using about 4 GB on my Nexus) so that'll save me some coin. And honestly, all the other hardware aspects would be better than what my Nexus has now. So really anything is an "upgrade" at this point.

Can't wait to see what they reveal today.

salem667

Reaction score
One thing to consider about motorola... they have put tattle tales for root on there devices. I lost all respect for moto with the bionic...