1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Who's Going Naked?!

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Accessories' started by Viktor Vaughn, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Viktor Vaughn

Viktor Vaughn New Member

A bunch of threads about WHICH case people have but absent in the discussion has been IF people are going to rock a case. My GF has a philosophy that the original craftsmanship on all of this technology "should" be enough and things should not be made so fragile that it is assumed everyone will go out and buy more to protect it.

That being said, not sure where I stand. I am currently going nude and went nude with the OG Droid after a brief and intolerable stint with a Seidio case. I think I kind of like the feel of the bare Bionic with the extended battery.

So who is keeping it basic with no case?
  2. Infiniti87

Infiniti87 New Member

Ill prolly end up sending my Bionic out into the wild naked eventually but right now I have the INCIPIO 2 piece case. I'm too paranoid about dropping or scratching it. I do love how it looks and feels naked though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  3. mach330

mach330 New Member

i prefer naked especially since the phone feels pretty thin. i always laugh at those people with iphones with big a$$ cases which makes their phones twice as thick. might as well get a brick size phone.
  4. N2Wind

N2Wind New Member

I put on a Zagg Invisible Shield.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  5. ambrown

ambrown New Member

I tried the flexible silicon cases and hated them. Tried the more rigid silicon cases and tolerated them. Went naked with my last phone after ridding myself of the case. Currently I have a case for my Incredible that's ok. It's fairly thin but offers some protection.

I would say in most cases I prefer no case, unless its not too noticable and feels ok in the hand with one. I do hate covering up the beauty of the craftsmanship of a phone too though.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app
  6. Lakilaulea

Lakilaulea New Member

I usually skin mine. I don't like the feel or look of most cases, and I like being able to slip my phones into docks and the slim pockets of my purse, which is hard to do when they're in a case. I go with skins to protect against minor scuffs as well as add a little bit of personalization. They keep their slim silhouette, and I can easily identify them when they're laying in a pile of gadgets.
  7. Bart.Cunningham

Bart.Cunningham New Member

Definitely naked and staying that way!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
    1 person likes this.
  8. moset

moset Member

Naked, just feels right.

9. donelam304

donelam304 New Member

It depends on what i am doing. If i am riding my bike, i put it in the little front pocket of my MC club vest and it is to big to have a case on it. But if i am out just walking around, i will sport the hard case that i got for free when i bought it. Cant remember the name of it. It was the only case they had that would work with the extended battery. It has the little stand thing you can pull out on the back as well. I like the looks of the otterbox, but it is way to thick. And it doesn't work with the extended battery.

10. theDmanVR6

theDmanVR6 New Member

Naked is the only way to be!
  11. HorsePony

HorsePony Member

For the last 12 months of my 2 years of owning a D1, I went naked with it.
    I had a Zagg on it and kept it in a leather sleeve with a felt interior.
    Thing was, the heat and the Zagg did some interesting things where the Zagg was absorbing some of the brown pigment of the felt when kept in the sleeve. It ruined the Zagg because I had "stains" on the screen.
    The actual phone was fine and after I determined the sleeve was the problem, I rocked the D1 naked for the last year without protection, save for a new Zagg shield on the screen only.

With my Bionic, I'm going to rock a gel case for now.
    It's.....it's just too new! LOL

I suspect after some time, I will eventually go naked. It's almost like I need an "assurance" period with a case.
    Just like a car, I wouldn't want a brand new car I bought to get a small scuff on the bumper because of some ass' parking job next to me.
    Same with my phone. Y'know...just in case.
    Give it a few months, and I won't care so much about that accidental scuff.
    Crap happens.
    But as for now, my phone's less than a month old...and I want it to stay pristine for a bit.
  12. BuckyN8

BuckyN8 New Member

I always do the same thing with every phone. I buy a case, and use it for about 3 months. Then want something different and end up taking the case off. I realize how thing the phone feels and how nice it is and end up never using a case again. I think I do it to get use the phone to make sure that I dont drop it.
  13. Heywood

Heywood New Member

This

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  14. sqchram

sqchram New Member

No case, no screen protector. No scratches. My left front pocket is my dedicated phone pocket. Never had a scratch or issue with my previous phones. I have the extended battery and love it.
  15. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Lived with my original Droid naked for almost two years. The Bionic is going the same way!!
  16. jhom

jhom Member

I'm also debating of whether to go semi-naked or minimally clothed. A plus for going naked or semi-naked is that a back cover is inexpensive to replace, $4.99. However, I would like some protection for the corners and edges of the Bionic. The CaseMate Barely There might fit the bill for minimally clothed. Because I've scratched the screens of my previous phones, I'll slap on a screen protector even though the Bionic has Gorilla glass. You can never be too protective of the screen. :D
  17. Graymayre

Graymayre New Member

If it wasn't for my job, I would definitely stick to just the silicone case, which is awesome. I don't usually go for the Verizon store cases, but this one was awesome. But still, gotta have the otterbox defender

18. Smeech

Smeech New Member

Just going to install a phantomskin and call it a day.
  19. grrouchie

grrouchie New Member

I am drunk and naked and so is my bionic.
    My OG Droid only ever wore a screen protector and I wish I did the and with the bionic since I have a small scratch on the screen that now annoys the piss out of me.

20. crxlvr

crxlvr New Member

Never had any case for my if DROID nor a screen protector, never had any problems with it. Got my bionic and got the otterbox defender. Took it off after one day and am staying naked now.