Who's dropped thier Bionic and how did it fare?

bbtkd

Reaction score
I prefer to go bareback with my phones, using a snap-in holster. I have never dropped one over several years of use. Probably will now that I've answered your post. WAY TO GO.....THANKS!!!!!!!!!

BTW - currently using the Seidio naked holster, works great with my VZW extended battery and cover, despite Seidio saying it wouldn't fit.

rbw62

Reaction score
I dropped my Thunderbolt on one, slid off into a cloud though. It is fine since it is a Thunderbolt!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

azdrifter

Reaction score
I had the first case that you mentioned on my old Incredible and i dropped that phone from on top of a 10ft ladder I was working in a ceiling in a Data Center and the cabling cage caught the bottom of the phone case as I was stepping down to grab my flash light so it popped it right out as if I had pulled the phone out of the holster myself.
The phone fell hit the top of the server then bounced to the ladder and then took a straight fall to the floor and it popped the phone out of the case and the battery door came flying off,..much to my huge surprise the phone had no scratches and I was positive the screen would be cracked but I popped the battery and cover back on it started up and worked flawlessly until I upgraded to the X2,and yes I have the same case on my X2 and I have dropped it smashed it several times and no scratches or cracks yet.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
On another post someone dropped their Bionic and now the camera won't load.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I keep a screen protector and a skin on my Bionic since I'm always tossing it in my purse alongside my keys and other sharp objects and don't want any superficial scuff marks. That being said, I've had it this way since I bought it on release day and between battling it out in my purse and being dropped several times onto hardwood and tiled floors from an average of about 3ft, there's absolutely no damage to it and it still looks like the pristine beauty I bought in September.

shadowsjc

Reaction score
had my bionic in my coat pocket as i was exiting a car, but it wasn't in all the way and it fell to the asphalt. no case, no screen protector, and it fell directly screen side first.

the screen has some minor scratches that are visible when the screen is off, but otherwise the phone escaped unscathed. i thought about getting a case, but i don't want to add any extra bulk to an already fairly large phone

don_droid

Reaction score
I have dropped mine a few times. Mostly on carpet at work, but once on Pavement in a parking lot. No cracks or problems yet (did not land screen side down). Cracks or scratches should be the biggest problems. The chips are all glued down with a 1st and 2nd level underfill material to protect them. I know Moto Bionic usings the best 1st level underfill for the CPU, not sure what brand of 2nd level underfill they use.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
So here's a good one. Like I said earlier in the thread I've barely dropped my Bionic. Sure enough, had a slight accident today. Not so much from falling, but basically I threw my phone onto my bed, it bounced off the side and landed right on the side of my dog's water bowl, causing the bowl to flip and spill all over my Bionic. I freaked out. Immediately tried to unlock it to see if it still worked, then immediately shut it down, pulled it out of its case and took it apart to let it dry out. No problems, the little water detector thing in the back wasn't even phased. Nice.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
In the days of the D1 we had a pretty long "dropped droid" stories thread, one of the best was on a tread mill and the phone was launched into the drywall - the D1 was tough though, easily survived :)

Geschickt mit meinem Galaxy Nexus aus Deutschland

striker85

Reaction score
I had my bionic out to use it as a flash light while I unlocked my door and dropped it face first onto the ground which was a gravel walkway. Other than a small ding in the lower corner all is fine.

Edit: I bought the incipio case because of my employer discount and like it except the corner with the notification led is covered which is annoying.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

deduct

Reaction score
I had my bionic out to use it as a flash light while I unlocked my door and dropped it face first onto the ground which was a gravel walkway. Other than a small ding in the lower corner all is fine.

Edit: I bought the incipio case because of my employer discount and like it except the corner with the notification led is covered which is annoying.

I have heard of people removing the case in that corner. I think someone used a hole punch.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Reaction score
i dropped mine at about 4 foot up while exiting my van. hit the back flat, i thought my camera was toast. phone was fine! no case and a screen protector.

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
I work on an aircraft flightline and I have dropped my phone on several occasions. It's protected by a hard plastic case and no issues with the phone.

OP
Tillers_Rule

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll keep rocking this case for a while, sounds like a tough phone and a decent case. Will probably order the Diztronic case as well, as it's not much.

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
I dropped mine twice while using the Technocel case/holster - both times from about 3 feet. The first time two corners of the case got dinged. The second time the two halves of the case split open, the battery cover came off, and two corners of the PHONE got dinged. I'm now using an Otterbox Defender, and the phone has fallen 3-4 times with no damage at all. The only problem is that these falls were due to the belt clip being a POS, and the phone AND holster falling off my belt. This is largely due to their attempt to make the belt clip double as a kick stand. I no longer have the Defender for the Blackberry Curve to compare, but I'm pretty sure that I would remember if it were this poorly made.

I feel that I've traded my concern that my phone will be damaged for a slightly less intense concern that my phone will be lost.