Whoops! Google Accidentally Confirms Android Oreo

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android_oreo-jpg.77770

It looks like Google may have just outed the official name of Android O a few days before the intended announcement on August 21st. The Google+ video they posted was titled "GoogleOreo_Teaser_0817_noDroids (1).mp4". Of course this doesn't officially confirm anything and you know Google could just be trolling us with that seemingly accidental flub. The new version of Android could be named after the easter egg hidden within the developer preview builds "Octopus". That seems unlikely. We will find out for sure on Monday!

via AndroidPolice

Attachments

• android_oreo.jpg
    android_oreo.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 7,138

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I've pretty much don't care about the new versions, any more. Running MM now, but have run Nougat and I can't really tell the difference.

there was one difference that affected me - the brightness scroll bar. they buried it inside the settings instead of being on the notifications dropdown. made it harder to find it in the sun. used to be able to use it without seeing the screen :)

Otherwise, like you, I see no real differences.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
there was one difference that affected me - the brightness scroll bar.

I had one or two compatability issues with a few hacks I employ that sent me back to MM and it's still buggy, but I have a few different approaches that I might try in Nougat again.

My device is almost 3 years old....don't expect to ever see Oreo, anyway.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I think the updated quick menu from the notification shade improved soooooo much from MM to Nougat

Smith 001

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge
Notification bar, smaller fonts, but now I am getting used to this. Others? Different UI, small and round. Ummm, OK, there may be some other differences, but I don't remember, since I have used a few months of Nougat.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
For Me the Biggest things i care about with Newer Builds are Battery Life and Memory Optimization. No one wants to Upgrade and have their Device turn into a Laggy Battery Hog.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For Me the Biggest things i care about with Newer Builds are Battery Life and Memory Optimization. No one wants to Upgrade and have their Device turn into a Laggy Battery Hog.
Nailed it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

I haven't noticed in some time, probably since 5.0....maybe because the Turbo has a big battery.

The ability to optimize individual apps is big, but I think this actually started in MM. I'm constantly having to change this for individual apps and widgets that are too aggressively managed (I think developers need to bake this into their setting so you can get it exactly right).

To me, display is still the monster battery drain. I think I'd just assume not having a bunch of apps and services underperform to get an extra 60 minutes of battery.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I just use my phones ...stop worrying about battery life long time ago ...with quick charging and such I just make sure no app is misbehaving but really just try to use phone to max ...

Sent using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I wonder how long before my Z Force will get it. Since it got Nougat before Thanksgiving I am willing to see that be the same thing. Obviously the Z2 Force will see it first but as always you always like to see your device be included in OS Roll outs mainly stating that the Device is still somewhat relevant. Of course I would not really be in a rush as I would prefer and bugs be worked out before it were to rollout on the Z Force. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
installing on my nexus 6p now.

;)