1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

WhoIsIt Beta

Discussion in 'App Announcements' started by awjones, Nov 18, 2010.

1. awjones

awjones Premium Member Premium Member Developer

WhoIsIt - Release Version

Hi All,
    The release version of WhoIsIt is now on the Market. This application allows you to setup different ringtones and vibration patterns for you Gmail, SMS, and MMS messages. Ringtones and vibrations can be setup on a per-contact-basis as well. Other features include:
    * Ability to setup VIP contacts for Gmail, SMS, and MMS
    * Allow VIP contacts to ring / notify for Gmail, SMS, and MMS even when in Silent mode
    * Announce incoming caller and SMS/MMS sender
    * Define different volume / vibration profiles
    * Widgets for easily switching profiles (Select and Toggle widgets)
    * Tasker plugin
    * Disable LEDs on a per-profile basis
    * Ringleader integration

I am currently working on the ability to schedule profiles within WhoIsIt. Look for this update in the near future! :)

Thanks!

-Andy

[​IMG]WhoIsIt
    by AppsByAndy
    100 downloads, 30 ratings (4.4 avg)
    $1.99
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 New Member

i'll check it out tonight when i get home, thanks.
  3. deputydog95

deputydog95 New Member

If you have multiple gmail accounts, will this have the ability to separate them out and allow certain ones to ring through while the others remain silent?

The reason I ask is that I need an app to allow some high priority email accounts to continue to announcing all night, while the low priority emails to remain silent. In the morning I want to be able to switch them all back to announcing without a lot of effort. Pretty much exactly what the factory BB ring profile does.
  4. awjones

Yes, WhoIsIt monitors all of your Gmail accounts. All that really matters is how you setup your contacts. If your contact is setup as VIP for Gmail, then you will receive a notification for that contact regardless of what Gmail account receives an email from that contact.

Hope that helps!

-Andy
  5. deputydog95

deputydog95 New Member

I guess what I'm saying is that I might not know who is going to be emailing or calling on the priority lines (phone or email). I need to make phone calls and two email accounts ring through (regardless of who they are from) while keeping everything else silent during the night time hours. If you happen to have access to a blackberry, check one out and you will see what I mean. I know for a fact that there are a lot of people out there who won't switch away from the BB, just because of the profiles. Makes home life with a business phone livable :) Create that app and you my good sir, will be a gagillionaire!
  6. awjones

Ok, I see what you mean. This is definitely doable. I'll have to think about how I would go about implementing this without making things too confusing.

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it!

-Andy

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  7. deputydog95

deputydog95 New Member

I would pay you handsomely for this app. Make it happen!
  8. NDS-3210

NDS-3210 New Member

Incoming Calls

Will the App allow you to customize the patterns for incoming calls as well?
  9. awjones

I had been working this and scratched it for the current release. Look for this in the future.
  10. jev

jev Member

Really nice app. I used it for a few days but I uninstalled because when a notification pops up for email, the app force closes even though its not being used at the time for emails. It works as advertised for contacts. I don't know if it has to do with the ROM I'm running or not. I have an Original Droid, running Ultimate Droid 2.1.0.
  11. awjones

That issue has been fixed. Give it another try! :)

12. MattyP

MattyP Rescue Squad

I had posted a thread in the main section of the apps forum looking for an app like this. One of the mods of the forum recommended WhoIsIt Beta, but I went ahead and sprung for the full version for $1.99. So far, it is well worth it.

I was rudely awakened the other night at 4AM by a wrong number call. I put the phone in silent mode and went back to sleep. Well my girlfriend tried several times to call me and when I finally answered, I heard about it LOL :icon_eek:

So I went a searchin for an app that would let the phone ring normally when specific callers call. This was that app and more. It allows me to set "VIP" callers from my contact list, I can set specific ringtones for each contact, I can set specific ringtones for SMS and MMS, I can set specific vibration patterns for each contact as well. But the very best part is, I can put the phone in silent mode and go to sleep. If my girlfriend calls or texts, it rings normally. If my family members or my dad calls, it rings normally. Any other unwanted calls remain silent and I don't have to be awakened by some fool dialing a wrong number at 4AM.

I love this app, it was well worth the $1.99 and it's well worth 5 stars I gave it.
  13. awjones

Thanks! I appreciate the post! Did you update to version 1.1 yet? I added a profile scheduling feature.

-Andy
  14. jaysnyder75

jaysnyder75 New Member

I had tried this app on my Fascinate and it seemed to be what I was looking for except for the fact that every time I tried to set a notification to anything other than preinstalled notification the notification went to silent. Has anyone else had this problem and if so is there something that I am missing? Thanks
  15. Droid-Dynasty

Droid-Dynasty New Member

Just bought your app and it looks very promising, keep up the good work! Tho I was just wondering if you were going to put in LED customization for specific contacts in the future?
  16. awjones

Thanks! I do have LED notifications on my list of items to look at. There are still quite a few things that I would like to add.

Search tags for this page

android high priority email notification

priority ring droid