1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Whoa...

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by _Killer_, Oct 25, 2010.

1. _Killer_

_Killer_ New Member

Just got a CLN D2... Vzw replaced my D1 4 times then finally sent the D2....... So far, I like it.. but good lord it's so different from the D1, I expected them to be a bit more similar!!!

I guess it's all the motorola widgets that are throwing me off!
  2. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

yep the D2 comes with blur and the D1 was just vanilla android os.
  3. _Killer_

_Killer_ New Member

I don't know much about the D2.... I didn't ask for an upgrade so I haven't studied it at all.. Like i said, so far i like it.. but it's gonna take some getting used to!

Thanks for pointing out it was Blur though.. now i can read into that!!
  4. elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo New Member

Feel free to ask, plenty of D2 owners out here to help. Congrats on the upgrade.
  5. _Killer_

_Killer_ New Member

Thanks.. I will DEF be asking some questions once i have time to toy around with this..

One quick question, if i may..... Do you know if the d1 media dock will fit d2? i called support today.. explained that i had bought both the car/media docks and that the d2 will not fit the car dock.. so they are sending me a d2 car dock (in return of course i have to send in the d1 dock), but the tech nor i knew if the media docks were diff.. so they notated the acct in case i needed them to replace that too.. vzw has been GREAT to me over the last couple of weeks. I'd say 9/10 they have great customer suppt.

Thanks again!!!
  6. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Launcher Pro is a great tool to help mask the MotoBlur Experience if it is something you are not enjoying :happy:
  7. elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo New Member

I could have sworn I saw a thread yesterday asking the exact same question. And if I recall correctly someone said that the D1 media dock fit the D2. A little search might clarify if you feel the need to dig through tons of threads.....lol
  8. _Killer_

_Killer_ New Member

Yeah, big fan of Launcher pro, used it on my d1...... In all honesty i wish i could mix "best of both worlds" with blur and launcher pro... i like some of the widgets blur seems to offer.. and being able to resize is great..

but i like the simplicity of LP..

I've been going back and forth all day trying to figure out a way to make it work the way I want! lol... May just have to BUY LP Plus.

Thanks! Yeah i will do a search and see what I come up with... Just haven't had the time to go through and read up on the device yet/through the forums quite yet!