Who?

bonesjones

Reaction score
Same here, every free min I get I look to see if d3 is rooted.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Mungo Baobab

Reaction score
Every Minute? Hell I hit refresh every 30 seconds..... I dont even have my D3 yet (its sitting at fedex location waiting for me to get off work and pick it up) and I still want root NOW!!!!

Raptor007

Reaction score
True, but who wants to wait 6 months like the Atrix. It seems like they are unlocking the Atrix since its shelf life is up and a new one will take its place.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
a small ota update to fix the smallest bug would work wonders on trying to root. everything counts man. Its tough when you've got nothing to go on and all the old stuff is patched up.. its an ongoing process.

honestly....fastest way to get root is to get the phone in various dev's hands. Either that or we are waiting for the SBF to be released or an OTA to be pushed out. The dev's need something to work with.

bonesjones

Reaction score
I say we get an army and beat down motorolas doors!
I feel weird I've always bought my android phones after they've been rooted but I had to get the d3, the numbers on the keypad was the main point for me, doing it work typing ip addresses on my d2g and d1 was a pain.

Thank you for all your work woodman

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I say we get an army and beat down motorolas doors!

I say we hire Lulzsec to hack them :shocked:....did I just say that? :icon_ peace:...I'm just saying a small leak of say...oh....I don't know....SBF's and boot loader key's maybe....would work wonders for development.....I'm just saying:yeahbaby01:

I personally would love to see Moto get :icon_ owned:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like your idea. Although I think I speak for everyone in saying that id much rather see lulzsec hack area 51 or some other super classified stuff.

Nolam

Reaction score
Guys, like it's been said before, it's not Motorola preventing root, it's OEMs like Google and Verizon who patch up 2.3.4 from having security flaws. The only thing Motorola does to the OS is polish it up with MotoBlur. Their main job is the BIOS and Hardware.

Last edited:

RPG7

Reaction score
OEMs like Google and Verizon who patch up 2.3.4 from having security flaws.

OEM is original equipment manufacturer I.e Motorola. Verizon is the carrier and google brewed the os. Of the 3 Verizon is really the only one to point fingers at because there the ones that want their sponsors bloatware on our phones. Google patched the old hole because maleware was exploiting those loopholes and where obligated to fix it, and it is also to my knowledge that Motorola (and our devs if rumors are true) cannot get a stable build with root for mass market.