Who?

xxspark89xx

Reaction score
Since we know various methods aren't working to obtain root, and many of us are trying to come up with ideas, here's my question:

Who out there is actually trying to obtain ROOT for us? I know I've heard Woodyman was working on trying, but does anyone know who else is trying to as well - with the experience and/or knowledge to do so? (i.e. an experienced dev)

Perhaps we could help in some way? Let us know, we are all here waiting patiently. :)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since we know various methods aren't working to obtain root, and many of us are trying to come up with ideas, here's my question:

Who out there is actually trying to obtain ROOT for us? I know I've heard Woodyman was working on trying, but does anyone know who else is trying to as well - with the experience and/or knowledge to do so? (i.e. an experienced dev)

Perhaps we could help in some way? Let us know, we are all here waiting patiently. :)

I wouldn't say patiently waiting since there is a thread started about root everyday it seems like. ;)

CM74DX

das7771

Reaction score

I wouldn't say patiently waiting since there is a thread started about root everyday it seems like. ;)

CM74DX

+1 to that. I am pretty sure the devs are able to read and see that we are all waiting like a bunch of hungry wolves. Posting the same stuff over and over really accomplishes nothing. The devs are pretty smart and they get we want root. We don't have to remind them every 6 minutes ;)

RPG7

Reaction score
To get back to the question CellZealot from Team Black Hat is supposedly looking at it quote:
@sparkyman216 Droid3 is great but very frustrating trying to root it. Device itself is really nice. A definite evolution of the Droid line!​
So I'm guessing that he if not all TBH is looking at it but their official twitter seems to be hocking wares ATM.

Woodyman is working with someone (the name escapes me right now) and I think we will see more support when the XT883 hits everywhere.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
me and birdman have tried several different methods, and like he says it is a hell of device to try and crack no doubt on that one.

To get back to the question CellZealot from Team Black Hat is supposedly looking at it quote:
@sparkyman216 Droid3 is great but very frustrating trying to root it. Device itself is really nice. A definite evolution of the Droid line!​
So I'm guessing that he if not all TBH is looking at it but their official twitter seems to be hocking wares ATM.

Woodyman is working with someone (the name escapes me right now) and I think we will see more support when the XT883 hits everywhere.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Birdman did wonders for rooting the X, so I'm sure him and TBH can get it cracked, not to mention all the others working on it.

CM74DX

sparkyman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
4a671ce7-f19a-d248.jpg

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

+1 to that. I am pretty sure the devs are able to read and see that we are all waiting like a bunch of hungry wolves. Posting the same stuff over and over really accomplishes nothing. The devs are pretty smart and they get we want root. We don't have to remind them every 6 minutes ;)

Don't you know root is like sex for men? Every 6 minutes we think about it:icon_ banana:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
honestly....fastest way to get root is to get the phone in various dev's hands. Either that or we are waiting for the SBF to be released or an OTA to be pushed out. The dev's need something to work with.

aconway

Reaction score
Sparkyman, do you run Win7 64bit? Did the drivers install OK for you when you booted your D3 into the boot loader when connected to USB? Mine says the drivers failed to install. :(

I installed the drivers that come with using "PC Mode" and that was successful and the phone works through USB normally, just not in the boot loader or RSD. :\

Any tricks?

sparkyman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hold both volume buttons and power have phone plugged in computer and go to BP tools

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

das7771

Reaction score
Don't you know root is like sex for men? Every 6 minutes we think about it:icon_ banana:

LMAO...Yes I know and it's driving me crazy. I try to wake up before my son every morning so that I can go through all of the different forums in hopes that something new has come out....it's kinda pathetic.

Last edited: