1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Who writes these spec sheets anyway?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by LaurelRaven, Feb 12, 2012.

1. LaurelRaven

LaurelRaven New Member

Okay, so I just decided to do a comparison on Motorola's website on some of their recent phones. One thing I've noticed that bothers me about reviewers who post specs is a lot of the time, the specs (at least some of them) are flat out wrong (saying it does or doesn't have a feature inaccurately, for instance), which makes me doubt the veracity of the entire review. I was hoping that the stats that Moto posted about their own phones would be totally accurate; they aren't.

Some of the things that were glaringly obvious were that it listed the Bionic as not coming with a speakerphone, voice commands or a touch interface, and though it mentioned the RAZR having Firefox with webtop, it didn't mention that with the Bionic (I don't have one myself, but I understand that it is included when you dock to webtop/lapdock). It also said that the Droid 3 does not have a qwerty slider.

So, how can we trust anything in their official specs? I can't very much make any decisions based on them, as if I did, I would have passed over the Bionic (I'm not doing without a speakerphone, and how the hell would I control it without touch controls?).

Anyway, short rant, for whatever it's worth.
  2. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

I'm on Motorola's site right now and everything seems to be accurate. For instance I'm looking at the D3 and it says
    Slider
    Full QWERTY

I don't know about you, but everything seems official to me. Considering it's the official site and manufacturer, I'd say their information is correct.

edit: Took a look at the Bionic and it shows everything you said it doesn't list; Webtop, speakerphone, touch, etc.
    You sure you're at Motorola's website?:p
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  3. LaurelRaven

LaurelRaven New Member

I'll have to check it again, but I was definitely looking at Motorola's site.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  4. LaurelRaven

LaurelRaven New Member

Okay, more details: it is Motorola's website, doing a comparison of the phones.

Mobile Phones - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

It is definitely showing the Bionic in that list as not having a speaker phone or touch interface, and it is showing the Droid 3 as not having a qwerty keyboard interface.
  5. nikecar

nikecar New Member

Its a 10yo kid from China writing these.
  6. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

Ok now I see what you mean, I was not at the comparison page. The full page of each phone gives accurate specs, but I wasn't aware there was a comparison page.
  7. LaurelRaven

LaurelRaven New Member

Well, it's good to know there IS good info on them somewhere, at least...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk