Who would pay a dev for an FM transmitter app that actually works? (I would).

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just want the FM to transmit from the Droid, allowing me to rid myself of 3rd party accessories for FM tuning. So I can set a station in my car, and let the Droid do the rest? I have no interest in receiving FM on my Droid, that's what the radio is for :)

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i would kill for this. especially if the signal strength is better than what is allowed (is it FCC? nah.. can't remember who polices that crap) right now. every FM transmitter on the market sucks for my car because the antenna is embedded in the back glass.
hey sam, your antenna is embedded (written) to the glass, but there's still a wire involved. you might have better luck with FM transmitters that actually attach to the radio's antenna.

when CD changes first came out, that's how mine was installed and i never received interference.

i thought about going the wired route as it would DEFINITELY make for better sound quality.. but if i could pay, say.. $10, and use it wireless... well i would jump all over that. i typically do not sacrifice anything for sound quality (you should see the price tags on some of my headphones), but in a car, you can't really tell much because of the road noise.. if it were decent, i would buy it. you're right though, running an aux through the cd changer line is really the way to go.. ;)

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
can you imagine what this would do to your battery though?

NaterGator

Reaction score
Hmm. I would imagine this would only work on rooted phones (to gain access to the wl 1271) in which case you could write libraries in c/c++.

FM is a well understood and fairly simple modulation method, though I've never done it with the wl1271 before. I'm curious to see if the devs can get access to the chip. If so I'll root my phone and play around with trying to broadcast FM.