who uses task killers?

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by quest7, Jun 19, 2010.

1. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There's a reason why scientists rely on the scientific method. You have to have a control group in order to make a meaningful comparison. In this case, running without the task killer is the control.

2. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, ain't the scientific method the ****z? Frankly, I despair that it is so little used to resolve questions like this one.

3. garryyjr

garryyjr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tough.. I used ATK.. I was reading all these threads.. So i deleted it.. To me my phone seems slower. I am awaiting my warranty replacement and with this one, Im going to start without on and see how it is.

I think it might have been in my head that is was slower.

4. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    I don't want to get involved in a deep and strenuous discussion, but I do keep Advance Task Manager Widget around in case I need to stop something that isn't running right. Instead if going into manage applications and force closing it, I just tap the widget and stop everything, but I am not under the impression I get better battery life or my phone runs smoother with it. I like to keep my options open, so do I need a Task Killer, probably not, do I use one, yes...but for the right reasons.

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space