Who thinks verizon should bring back the unlimited data plan?

tbt666

Reaction score
With my DROIDX i had unlimited data but to get unlimited data on the new Razr i had to buy the Full Price phone which in the long run will save you money if your a REALLY heavy data user like me.. but verizon should bring that back, it costs me $30 a month for the unlimited plan and now a days its 2 GB per month peak for the same price. I say verizon needs to do like T mobile and sprint and come back with the unlimited data plan like they use to have.

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
If there is a petition, I would sign it sir/madam! Luckily i still have it I think. Unless the rep at verizon messed up somewhere (cross fingers and knock on wood*) but the should bring it back since my contract will be up in 12 months.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We all want unlimited data back, but when all is said and done, it's business, and VZW is in it for nothing more than the money. They could care less what you think.

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
In my case, I really doesn't make much difference one way or the other. I will go to the family share (or what ever it is called) when I upgrade to the RAZR HD most likely.

Screecwe

Reaction score
Do you really think anyone on earth is going to say "Nowai! They shouldnt bring back the unlimited plan! I love paying more money for less data!" ?

fireman00

Reaction score
No worries, when my contract is up I'll drop Verizon and hook up with Sprint.

maxxhd

Reaction score
I'm saving money hand over fist paying full price for the MAXX HD and keeping my unlimited data. If you factor in the price of the phone over 2 years, you're only paying an extra $30/mo to keep unlimited data, so $60/mo gets you a 2GB shared data plan on the tiered system and $30/mo gets you unlimited data.

So totaling it up:
$60/mo on the tiered plan gets you 2GB.
$60/mo including the phone itself gets you unlimited data.

Which would you rather have with the future showing no signs other than HD video this and HD video that, etc. ?

VZ is banking on the fact people are going to be increasing their tiered data plans and getting charged out the wazoo and trying to punish the unlimited guys. But, if you do the math, unlimited gets you FAR more flexibility - it's futureproof no matter if I want to stream a bluray direct to my HDTV via the HDMI out my lovely MAXX HD provides via 4G.

Aw. Hell. Yeah.

That futureproof flexibility while locking in my rate no matter what I do with the phone is what I'm paying for - I dunno about you guys.
Lets face it - if you're on a tiered plan, VZ has you by the balls and can raise the price at will. They KNOW you'll be using more and more data as time goes on and plan to screw you for accessing it.

Last edited:

fireman00

Reaction score
700 dollars for the phone the cost to keep me in gigabytes is 60 per month. Plus the 30 a month for the cost of the phone it would cost me 90 dollars a month for a 6 GB plan.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
T

tbt666

Reaction score
UrbanBounca said:
We all want unlimited data back, but when all is said and done, it's business, and VZW is in it for nothing more than the money. They could care less what you think.

The thing is if people switch to T mobile and sprint who have unlimited verizon won't get any money at all

Mule65

Reaction score
I'm saving money hand over fist paying full price for the MAXX HD and keeping my unlimited data. If you factor in the price of the phone over 2 years, you're only paying an extra $30/mo to keep unlimited data, so $60/mo gets you a 2GB shared data plan on the tiered system and $30/mo gets you unlimited data.

Full retail is $650 and subsidized is $300 = a difference of $350 = $14.58/mo over 2 years.

Right?

maxxhd

Reaction score
Full retail is $650 and subsidized is $300 = a difference of $350 = $14.58/mo over 2 years.

Right?

Yep. You're saving at LEAST $15/mo paying full price for unlimited vs. only getting 2GB/mo.
If you use more than 2GB/mo, you overpay even more.