Who thinks this NBA season will be cancled ?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't think anybody is going to leave that team. Why would they? It wouldn't make sense. Based on their performance this year I'd bet money on them next year.
Simple answer, money. If the money is right somewhere else then they could take it. However, Ibaka and Harden's stocks have plummeted after these finals. Hopefully they both can come back stronger, they're both one of the best at their respective positions and other teams would pay good money for them. I hope their family attitude stays with them and they stay with the team. I don't think they'd ditch a good system and chemistry with the team for money though, they seem to put their values higher than a dollar sign

Last edited:

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
They would leave for money as dez said.

It's easy to forget but this is a job for them. When you have the chance to secure your future, your children's future you usually take it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
In other words loyalty is a lost in this day and age.
Well today's stars are more "play hard, live hard" mentality. There are a few humble young guns in the league that keep low key (KD and Rose for example) who are probably set financially for the rest of their lives cause they're so down to earth and probably won't waste on investments or private jets and all that.

So yes, loyalty is dying, but there is some hope with this current generation of superstars. I mean you always hear players saying "it's a business" and that's what it is at the end of the day. Unfortunately in today's world, it's more of a business than a game. All the lights, advertisements, and everything that goes into promoting the NBA has become bigger than the game itself imo, and that seems to be how it is with every sport from what I can tell. Can't really go about it with an old school mentality anymore because organizations aren't thinking that way, especially since Miami just proved you can assemble a "Superteam" and get it done. Bring in the stars that bring in the fans which brings in money. The NBA has become a money driven league more than ever.

Take Nash for example, he's the Golden Retriever of the league. Loyal as any player gets despite the situation his franchise is in, always willing to give the Suns one more chance no matter how bad things seem. I feel bad for him and he's one of my favorite players, but the guy's mentality is hurting his chances of getting what he wants most, a ring. I'm glad he's a FA and is considering other teams, but I just got this gut feeling he'll stay with Phoenix because he's so darn loyal. They're the first team to draft him and were the first to contact him when Mavs released him. His team has been on the decline ever since the year they played SA and got screwed over (damn you Horry), and he signed an extension within that period. Could he have gone to a contender a few seasons ago, darn right he could, but nope he stayed and gave the Suns FO a chance, and once again he got screwed over. Nash brings in money too, hell, he is the one bringing in fans in Phoenix, because he's fun to watch. Phoenix knows that if they trade Nash or let him walk, their financial situation would be worse than it already is. Look at Nash, and it can be easy to interpret that loyalty can backfire.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I know the season is over and some of you just want to forget and move forward, but I HAD to share this with you guys. Regardless of which team you were rooting for, this is just good comedy right here!
This is a clip from Jimmy Kimmel live last night, where he was live at the LeBron Haters Press Conference.
LOL
Enjoy

[video=youtube;QkqGgTGabWk]http://youtu.be/QkqGgTGabWk[/video]

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That was a pretty funny video LOL. Not a fan of Kimmel, but that was pretty good

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I know, I don't watch Kimmel either, but I heard about this video from the Paul & Young Ron show. Couple of Miami morning djs I listen to via podcast, and just had to look up the video on YouTube. LOL
Figured you guys would get a kick outta that. :D

**tap'n**

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Free agency has began. Lets see if there any big moves this off season.

Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums