Who thinks the bionic structure is poorly build?

OP
steeldroid_blaze
Reaction score
Sshguru...so is usb port show wear signs? Or no?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Stop using the LG charger. Immediately. It sounds to me like the charger is putting out more current than the stock Moto one and overheating the USB port; thus causing the plastic to soften and warp around it. I have various USB chargers laying around, all with varying mAH ratings. Just because the plug fits, doesn't mean it's okay.

I second that, either the amperage is too high, or the plug is so dirty that it's ramping up the amperage and over heating...

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think if we're going to talk about wear, we should be posting pics of what we are talking about. Because normal wear marks would be totally within expectation, warpage of the USB socket area would not.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I second that, either the amperage is too high, or the plug is so dirty that it's ramping up the amperage and over heating...

Yup, and i'm gonna go with the amperage theory, since he is using a charger of a different manufacturer for a different type of device.

shizumie

Reaction score
I have a bolt at the moment, but my wife says im a phone whore! Over the years i have learnt to only use manufacture chargers, ive always had problems with cheeply made or other brands, even if they fit perfectly

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Normal wear I would say.

I am using some cheap cables that work perfectly.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have to buy the cheap ones from the right place.