Who still uses D1 and What is catching your eye?

Reaction score
I still have my original D1 and by changing out Roms once and a while it keeps it new. Until a dual core game phone comes out, I think I'll just hold out.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Same unrooted D1 I've had since January, and none of the current batch of D2/DX/etcs inspire me to want to change. If I ever get to the point where I actually feel like I'm not getting the performance I need, then I'll root. But I'm not the type who needs to have the New Shiny every six months.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I have the original droid. I'm waiting for a 4g LTE phone in the next 4-8 months. Right now my Droid isn't that much different from the X or Droid II. No need to blow a 2 year contract on a 3G phone right when 4G is coming out. 4G will be in my area next month according to Verizon Wireless (Los Angeles).

illmatic636

Reaction score
Droid 1 rooted since day 1. Waiting for the Motorola Terminator possible or the Inc HD.

BigZig

Reaction score
Still rockin OG Droid waiting to see specs on PSP phone hoping its on VZW also dual core, and LTE. then I will switch.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Same boat as most in here. Still happy with D1 enough to not want to waste upgrade on current line-up. My next device will be the Motorola Etna not a fan of HTC so I wont be purchasing anything from that manufacturer.

Samsung or LG may surprise me but that remains to be seen. One thing is for sure. A new crop of great phones is on the way next year that will be worth the upgrade. I'm not into incremental upgrades so here I am with my D1 : )

Sent from my Droid

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
still running my D1... I want a new toy but nothing out is enough of an upgrade..

*DroidForums app DOES*

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My droid now serves as a dedicated wifi device and a fall back if any thing happens to the X I just upgraded to. In some ways I miss my Droid.
What is this Moto Etna?

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
@tp76 the Motorola Etna is the Olympus / T2 dual core Tegra device....

Sent from my Droid

glenn

Reaction score
I've been eyeing the droid pro. Seems to give me a perfect combination of my two favorite phones... treo 755p and the og droid. I don't even use my phone in landscape the the droid pro keyboard would be clutch.

Me too. Got my eye on that Droid Pro....I miss my Treo 755P and this will/could be the best of both worlds.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm mobile now but you guys may want to check out the new Samsung as well. It's supposed to release in February. A 4.5 inch device sporting Gingerbread, super thin and with a great new screen.

Sent from my Droid

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm mobile now but you guys may want to check out the new Samsung as well. It's supposed to release in February. A 4.5 inch device sporting Gingerbread, super thin and with a great new screen.

Sent from my Droid

You mean the Nexus S right. If so I believe that its going to be on T-mobile.
@tp76 I read that the HDinc is going to be delayed because its going to be getting a LTE radio. Not sure if that's true or not. Hopefully Miami can shed some light on that in the HDinc thread today.

Last edited: