Who should regulate the Drone rules

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by pc747, Jun 13, 2017.

1. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +6,160
    [​IMG]

Last night we had a long debate on who should decide the regulations for the Drone industry and which way would better promote drone shipments and furthering the industry.

We would like to hear where you guys stand on the issue and you can hear our opinions on it as well.

leonard daniels on Twitter

• Like Like x 1
  2. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +6,160
    LOL I love this pic

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,714
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    Great show last night. You do not want to miss the battle royale between @pc747 & I.

S7 Edge tap'n

4. me just sayin

me just sayin Gold Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +1,007
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    unfortunately there is absolutely no way to regulate drones unless it crashes into something or filmed. IMO, all regulations still needs to be through the FAA since they have access to the equipment that can track them. Right now it is just a regulated mess with no real enforcement.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,714
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    This is true unfortunately, BUT I believe the FAA has provided us with a great baseline of rules, which in my opinion is a good start. The FAA has mentioned on numerous occasions that they would like drone operators to self regulate themselves and I think that as long as we can continue to fly responsibly, there's no reason for further regulation. (e.g. as in new individual state/city laws & regulations that are currently being discussed in Congress)
    There will ALWAYS be those who think the rules don't apply to them no matter the topic of concern. Just as there will ALWAYS be hunters who hunt illegally, drivers who race their vehicles on public streets, people who sneak in the back door to keep from paying to attend a concert, and the list goes on and on.
    My point is that only through education & awareness will drone operators like myself & @pc747 (commercial & hobbyist alike) be able to break the stigma surrounding this advancing technology. The fact of the matter is, drones are here to stay and the sooner the public can accept the fact that most drones aren't detrimental to their health, well-being and more importantly privacy, the better. Just as most drone operators aren't out to spy on you, crash into somebody's head or collide with an airplane or helicopter.

What I personally find more disconcerting is that the American public is more concerned about the POSSIBILITY of drones spying on them, then the REALITY of the government ALREADY spying on them, but i digress.
    This leads me back to the whole "education & awareness" point. Even if you could care less about consumer drones and habe no desire to be anywhere near them, or interested in any of the photography or mapping capabilities they provide, outs still important the general public educate themselves on the capabilities, limitations and regulations currently surrounding drones. Otherwise the only time you'll hear about them is on the nightly, when something bad has happened.
    And this type of education (and often misinformation) isn't good for anyone.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm more than happy to answer if i can. And if i don't know the answer, I can quickly find it for you. It's only through these types of discussions that we'll win this battle and stop the unnecessary villainization if you will, of this technology by the media.

S7 Edge tap'n

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page

drones rules