Who prefers the extended battery case and weight to the standard?

Marine One

Reaction score
I've got the extended battery and I really like it, to the extent that I just ordered a second one. It fits fine in my hand, and as has already been mentioned, the Bionic with the extended battery is still lighter than the OG Droid with standard battery. I recently got 48 hours out of a charge on 3G with moderate use (phoning, texting, e-mailing, surfing, and some game playing, with WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS switched off).
In my opinion, this is that battery that should have shipped with the phone. If Moto really had their act together, they would have designed the phone with a battery with this capacity that was longer and wider instead of thicker.
The phone fits in the standard dock and the car dock with the extended battery. There is a plastic insert in each one that is easily snapped out to accommodate the phone with the extended back.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why get a second one?

Does it feel weird to hold a thick phone?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Marine One

Reaction score
Why get a second one?

Does it feel weird to hold a thick phone?

The phone is really no thicker with the extended battery than the OG droid was. Getting a second battery while they are still on sale for $25. I figure it won't hurt to have it while traveling or when we go to 4G here.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
You mean it's the same thickness as the standard battery og Droid?

Guess I'll find out in a few days since I ordered it. As you said the price can't be beat.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Put it in the cart and click checkout and it's supposed to reduce it to $25.00. Some people have posted not to log in until you've added it to the cart.

They are out of stock online so I called in and told them it was $25.00 and they shipped it out and gave me that price.

KBToy007

Reaction score
Loving the extended battery as well... On a full charge, moderate use, it last me 2 days :)

Btw, does anybody know or is there already an external charger for extended battery? Will it fit on the charger that VZW sells?

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you like the form more than the standard battery?

I'm concerned once I get it the standard battery will lose all it's charge - and I don't want to buy it a charger.

sweetmike

Reaction score
Definitely go with an extended battery if you can get 1/2 off like I did. When I know I am going to be out all day on the weekend it comes in handy. It feels great in the hand. please get a holster that expands so when you have the extended battery in it fits the case.

Droidnov

Reaction score
Loving the extended battery as well... On a full charge, moderate use, it last me 2 days :)

Btw, does anybody know or is there already an external charger for extended battery? Will it fit on the charger that VZW sells?
The extended batt charges on the phone using the stock charger. Stock charger is 1 amp. Most aftermarket wall wart chargers are only 600 to 800 mw. My extended batt completely charges in a few hours on the standard OEM charger and less than overnight on aftermarket.

Droids

Reaction score
They seem to be in stock online now. I've been on the fence all this time as well, especially since I got the 2nd standard battery and charger for free in the Costco deal. I have chargers everywhere too but there are times when I'm called away to a remote location and end up spending most of the day there and don't have access to a charger unless I want to drag one along. I think the extended battery is going to work out ok for me; if the weight isn't more than the standard OG Droid, it should be fine and a little more bulk wouldn't hurt. It's a great price and may go off sale at the end of the month so I ordered one. Free shipping and no tax but Verizon still managed to tack on $2.20 in surcharges (wth?) and supposedly it will require a signature at delivery. For a battery? Oh well, glad it's on the way and I don't have to think about it anymore.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was told it was tax. Wasn't told I would have to sign for it. That would be stupid for something that's $25....

After playing over an hour of Drag Racing I'm down to 37%.

solution

Reaction score
They seem to be in stock online now. I've been on the fence all this time as well, especially since I got the 2nd standard battery and charger for free in the Costco deal. I have chargers everywhere too but there are times when I'm called away to a remote location and end up spending most of the day there and don't have access to a charger unless I want to drag one along. I think the extended battery is going to work out ok for me; if the weight isn't more than the standard OG Droid, it should be fine and a little more bulk wouldn't hurt. It's a great price and may go off sale at the end of the month so I ordered one. Free shipping and no tax but Verizon still managed to tack on $2.20 in surcharges (wth?) and supposedly it will require a signature at delivery. For a battery? Oh well, glad it's on the way and I don't have to think about it anymore.

I was testing out the weight of the d1 in one hand and my bionic in the other since I'd don't have a scale for accuracy, but it's roughly the same weight as a d1

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk