Who plans to purchase a Note 4 on release day?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'm not sure why Samsung doesn't list their phones as 128GB capable. Oddly enough they did with the S5, but you can use them all the way back to the Galaxy S2 according to Sandisk's product finder.

Samsung only makes their microSDXC cards up to 64GB. The read/write speeds are faster although I am not sure if it would make any difference while watching a movie or running your music off of it.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I'm not sure why Samsung doesn't list their phones as 128GB capable. Oddly enough they did with the S5, but you can use them all the way back to the Galaxy S2 according to Sandisk's product finder.

Samsung only makes their microSDXC cards up to 64GB. The read/write speeds are faster although I am not sure if it would make any difference while watching a movie or running your music off of it.

I am going to stick with what the specs say. I already have a 64GM Microsd in my Gnote3 now and I still did not fill it because every app can not go onto it. I just have some movies,videos and pictures. With cloud you do not need a lot of memory. 64GB is more then enough. With my music on Google music. In my opinion 128GB is over Kill Unless you have a lot of Movies!!!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm not sure. I'll be interested to see if it supports the larger size.

I know I'll be crucified for admitting it, but I dropped my unlimited data plan to upgrade. I checked my data usage from Verizon for at least 6 months and never used 2 gigs. I use wifi at home and now at work as well, so I should be good to go.

However, since I'm paying for Google Play All Access, I'm very tempted to download tons of songs from my library so that "Offline Music Only" mode is more enjoyable.

Still, even 32 on the phone and 32 on my current card should do me just fine.

As Preach said, cloud storage is ridiculous. I've got storage with Microsoft, Google, Dropbox, Box, and got 25GB free from VZW for switching to the More Everything Plan.

Bonus, last time I upgraded (before the Edge program), my plan got switched. I kept unlimited data, but lost friends & family or whatever they call it and Google Voice racked up my minutes like CRAZY. Apparently it was calling my Gvoice number to collect the voicemails or something. Anyway, unlimited minutes means Google Voice is useful again.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I have a handful of 64GB laying around and have yet to fill one up. Everytime I buy a new device I bought the 64GB sd's to replace the former 32GB sd's so I am in good shape now.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I'm not sure. I'll be interested to see if it supports the larger size.

I know I'll be crucified for admitting it, but I dropped my unlimited data plan to upgrade. I checked my data usage from Verizon for at least 6 months and never used 2 gigs. I use wifi at home and now at work as well, so I should be good to go.

However, since I'm paying for Google Play All Access, I'm very tempted to download tons of songs from my library so that "Offline Music Only" mode is more enjoyable.

Still, even 32 on the phone and 32 on my current card should do me just fine.

As Preach said, cloud storage is ridiculous. I've got storage with Microsoft, Google, Dropbox, Box, and got 25GB free from VZW for switching to the More Everything Plan.

Bonus, last time I upgraded (before the Edge program), my plan got switched. I kept unlimited data, but lost friends & family or whatever they call it and Google Voice racked up my minutes like CRAZY. Apparently it was calling my Gvoice number to collect the voicemails or something. Anyway, unlimited minutes means Google Voice is useful again.
I gave up mine last year and got on the Verizon Edge Plan with 6GB of Data. I never went over 3GB of Data. I use WiFi a lot. Last month I just Upgraded my wife and Daughters to smart phones on the More everything Edge Plan with 10GB. All of my family just used up the free 3GB they gave us and when did not even touch the 10GB for last month. I am eligible to get Gnote 4 that is why I am getting it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I gave up mine last year and got on the Verizon Edge Plan with 6GB of Data. I never went over 3GB of Data. I use WiFi a lot. Last month I just Upgraded my wife and Daughters to smart phones on the More everything Edge Plan with 10GB. All of my family just used up the free 3GB they gave us and when did not even touch the 10GB for last month. I am eligible to get Gnote 4 that is why I am getting it.
I'm not worried about using up all my data month-to-month, but I've got 2 long distance road trips (over 1,000 miles one way each) coming up in the next couple months and intend on using my phone for navigation. While doing so, I like to sometimes stream music as well. To avoid this, I'll be downloading music from All Access in the coming weeks.

They also tossed in an extra GB each month for 2 years.

Also, not sure if you had the same issue, but even though I know I don't use that much data, ever since I switched, I find myself being very paranoid of my data count, even though my cycle ends on the 3rd, I've got the phone set to alert me at 2GB and VZW set to alert me at each percentage level that they offer alerts for, and I've used .008GB since switching because I haven't been much of anywhere other than home and work on wifi.

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I currently have a DROID RAZR MAXX, which is essentially a near 3 year old phone with the same phone re-released a few months later with a bigger battery. I will be upgrading to the Galaxy Note 4. I'm hoping the difference is like night and day. Currently, my apps really lag bad.

I'm disappointed though that the Galaxy Note 4 will not come in a 64-bit flavor in the USA, and with 8 cores. This is only the international version. :(

I was looking at the Galaxy Note Edge as well, and to be honest, I really can't see that catching on. I'm thinking that the "Edge" might just get in the way for most people, considering the curved edge is on the right side and most people hold their phone w/ their right hands.

I'm going to pre-order the Galaxy Note 4 phone as soon as I can, which according to the previous poster, will be available at midnight tonight. I read that it'll be available sometime tomorrow for pre-order. I'm currently grandfathered into Verizon's Unlimited plan and am looking to keep it, so I'll be paying full price for the Galaxy Note 4.

EDIT: I just pre-ordered it from Verizon's site. One thing I'm confused about is, it only lists a 32GB version. I thought there was also a 64GB version. Anyone know anything about this?
What is full price for the note 4?

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yes I was looking for Verizon's price. Thanks!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I said I wasn't going to order one ..Moto was my next phone ..then I went to Bestbuy last night ...and from loving my experience with N2 & N3 ...I caved in to the sexiness of this device ..lol
Pre-order is in ...At&t was higher but I turned in my old Verizon Nexus for the $200 total value back ...I'm a sucker for new phones ...lol

M8 tap'd

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I said I wasn't going to order one ..Moto was my next phone ..then I went to Bestbuy last night ...and from loving my experience with N2 & N3 ...I caved in to the sexiness of this device ..lol
Pre-order is in ...At&t was higher but I turned in my old Verizon Nexus for the $200 total value back ...I'm a sucker for new phones ...lol

M8 tap'd

If you like battery life then it appears you made the right choice.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
If you like battery life then it appears you made the right choice.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

PC ..you know I get awesome battery life on M8 ...I have it fully unlocked so I'm thinking of keeping it too and swapping between the two ..I'm sure N4 if I'm lucky will only have root ...Samsung definitely gets the Note series right ...they keep improving things ..like the feel and look of it ..back cover looks better than N3 ...camera is a homerun ...it's a looker ..I got the white this time ...

M8 tap'd

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How about that 13mp One coming out in October.

on the move..