Who plans to purchase a Note 4 on release day?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The lack of water / dustproofing is a real disappointment for me. This was the 1 feature I would move for and could justify.
Their excuse of productivity on the go means dealing with weather on the go. This was an epic omission.

Same here. Even though I don't purposely take my S5 into wet conditions, knowing it's IP67 rated provides great piece of mind. That's particularly handy where I live on the coast. Rain pops up all the time, often without much warning. If the Note 4 was IP67 rated, I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up on release day. I still may get one eventually, because I love the Note devices, but if I do it will be on down the line.

NoStopN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
Twitter
@NoStopN
This is possibly the first phone in the Note series that I might pass on - not because I don't like the device cause I do but I am happy currently with the LG G3 and I am kinda interested to see what Moto will do with the possibility of the a phablet and the upcoming Xperia Z3...

The Note 4 will not be on my list. I had a N2, but so far, most of Samsung's products like this are attatched to carriers with high monthly bills. I just recently gave up the N2 & Verizon for another company & a more "normal" 4.5" Moto G. Like everyone else said, the N4 lowers some specs & doesn't offer a 4K display. Yes, I am holding that against it. With rumors circulating about an improved Nexus 7 tablet coming out along side the next Nexus phone, I would get one of those for apps that I want to use a bigger screen for.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'm getting it to replace my Note 3. I'm just stuck in regards to which one I should get. The display is going to be awesome. Display Mate just gave it the best screen on a mobile device to date (previously held by the S5). The Exynos version combined with ART should be a nice experience when Android L arrives.

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I currently have a DROID RAZR MAXX, which is essentially a near 3 year old phone with the same phone re-released a few months later with a bigger battery. I will be upgrading to the Galaxy Note 4. I'm hoping the difference is like night and day. Currently, my apps really lag bad.

I'm disappointed though that the Galaxy Note 4 will not come in a 64-bit flavor in the USA, and with 8 cores. This is only the international version. :(

I was looking at the Galaxy Note Edge as well, and to be honest, I really can't see that catching on. I'm thinking that the "Edge" might just get in the way for most people, considering the curved edge is on the right side and most people hold their phone w/ their right hands.

I'm going to pre-order the Galaxy Note 4 phone as soon as I can, which according to the previous poster, will be available at midnight tonight. I read that it'll be available sometime tomorrow for pre-order. I'm currently grandfathered into Verizon's Unlimited plan and am looking to keep it, so I'll be paying full price for the Galaxy Note 4.

EDIT: I just pre-ordered it from Verizon's site. One thing I'm confused about is, it only lists a 32GB version. I thought there was also a 64GB version. Anyone know anything about this?

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've not heard of 64GB version for this one ...and usually if they mention it we never see it ..congrats on the phone..keep us posted peeps...

M8 tap'd

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I've not heard of 64GB version for this one ...and usually if they mention it we never see it ..congrats on the phone..keep us posted peeps...

M8 tap'd
I haven't heard of a 64GB model either. If one is eventually released, chances are it will be internationally.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My Note 4 has been ordered. I stopped myself at my last upgrade from getting the N3 because I wasn't sure I wanted to commit to the size. I had trouble using the droid 2 after having the size of the droid x, so I went with the S4 to keep closer to what I'd been used to (upgraded from the gNex). Now, it's starting to lag a bit and I find myself using my phone to remote into work fairly often since I got promoted, so the specs and the size have become a no-brainer, not to mention I've been gaming and watching videos more often on my phone lately as well, so sure, sign me up for QHD!

I seriously considered waiting to hear about the Edge release, but the more I thought about it, it's a cool idea, but very gimmicky. Though I think they gave it some great functionality to begin with, it's relying heavily on devs to want to tweak their apps in a special way to work for that one screen on that one device. I feel like it's more a proof-of-concept than anything else at the point in time, but I'm very excited to see if it sticks and what other innovations they bring to the table as time moves on. If they saturate the market, perhaps we'll see more devs willing to play along.

Also, given my fairly large hands, I don't think I'll have issues using the Note one-handed a majority of the time, but I worry that I'd click that edge screen on accident with my palm when reaching far across the screen. Maybe they've worked in software to tell when the touch is deliberate or not, but that's not a chance I was willing to take on a pre-ordered device without getting hands-on first and I couldn't wait to get my spot in line. Haha!

I'm looking forward to forcing myself to get more active in the forums again when the phone arrives, so I guess this can serve as my re-introduction as well.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Originally I was going to wait until Christmas to get the GNote4. Now I decided to get it on release day.. I will treat myself to the Moto360 for Christmas.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I don't see a 64GB version either. I have the 32GB SM-N900 and still have 9GB of free internal space. 13GB of free space on my 64GB microSD card.

I have 138 apps total which is down from 182 last week after my monthly purge.

I will be getting the 128GB microSD once I get the Note 4.

I have been super impressed with what Samsung has done with the Note 3. All of my previous Samsung phones always required one or two factory data resets to get rid of bugs and lag during the shelf life of my usage. I have never had to do this with the Note 3 and every update made it incrementally faster.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Originally I was going to wait until Christmas to get the GNote4. Now I decided to get it on release day.. I will treat myself to the Moto360 for Christmas.

I'm torn there as well. I see a smartwatch somewhere in my future and it will definitely be an android wear device, but I'm not sure yet which one or if I'm ready to take the plunge yet.

Not to hijack the thread, but I was watching a comparison of the Moto and the LG watches, and neither was quite as great as I had expected at following voice commands. Think I'll sit on this decision for some time and see what comes down the pike.

I'm also torn between the idea of wanting what may or may not be the best watch and thinking that it might be a good idea to pair a Samsung watch with a Samsung phone. Though they're both android, I feel like that might bring the best overall experience, but, again, time will tell and that's not what this thread is about...

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't see a 64GB version either. I have the 32GB SM-N900 and still have 9GB of free internal space. 13GB of free space on my 64GB microSD card.

I have 138 apps total which is down from 182 last week after my monthly purge.

I will be getting the 128GB microSD once I get the Note 4.

I have been super impressed with what Samsung has done with the Note 3. All of my previous Samsung phones always required one or two factory data resets to get rid of bugs and lag during the shelf life of my usage. I have never had to do this with the Note 3 and every update made it incrementally faster.

I hear you on that one. The 16GB on the S4 seemed like a good idea at the time, but I'm sacrificing apps left and right these days to try new ones. Doubling that up should be plenty paired with my microSD, but make sure you double check compatibility on the Note 4, because I've seen many different sources claim support for up to 64GB, and only a few that claim 128 support, which doesn't mean it WON'T work, but a good idea to dig in deeper before investing in a card you can't use (been there, done that when they were more expensive).

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
As long as the card is microSDXC you can use 128GB. They work in the Note 3 as well. The S5 can use them too.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
As long as the card is microSDXC you can use 128GB. They work in the Note 3 as well. The S5 can use them too.
It looks like the GNote4 will only go up to 64 GB Microsd.
The United States will Only get the 32 GB Version. Overseas usally get the 64GB Gnotes.

Memory 32 GB Internal memory + micro SD slot (up to 64GB)
3GB RAM according to the specs.
Specs

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
2014-09-25 09.30.28.png