Who plans on picking up the Moto Z Force?

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Just picked up the phone this morning. I pre ordered it from best buy. It was $99 with a 2 year agreement with Verizon. It also came with the Jul mod speaker for free. And yes my line was available for upgrade. With taxes and out the door it was $122. Beats ordering it from Verizon and paying $650 with payments. I previously had the nexus 6p but the GPS was so out of wack. That was my only problem with the nexus 6p. I ordered it from hau and didn't want to send the phone back because from what I'm hearing it takes a while. Could be without a phone for that long.

So far I'm loving the phone. No lag from what I noticed. I bought a tempered glass screen protector and tech21 case. I wanted the battery mod but I don't like my phones being naked.

If any of you are considering getting this phone. Best buy is still running the promotion for the phone at $99. At that price it's worth it if your considering staying with Verizon.

Thanks Droid forums for posting that best buy deal.

vasili8

Reaction score
I was testing the new phone out yesterday at the stores. Really wish the Z had bigger battery and Shatterproof as I think I liked that one most. One thing I noticed is when looking at pictures and double tapping to zoom in on a spot, this does not work well at all. Almost need to tap quickly 3 times for it to work. Anyone else notice that? That is pretty annoying especially when trying to use the phone with 1 hand

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'd be interested in everyone's thoughts on the battery ...some early reviews say not enough screen time ...

6S PLUS

mcraeh

Reaction score
I charged mine to 100% before I turned it on yesterday, around 1pm. By 7 this morning, I was down to 30% battery. Maybe that's pretty good since I was using it a lot yesterday getting it set up. I'll know more today. Right now I have the battery pack mod on it since I only have the one charger. I'm hoping that will get me through the day but we'll see.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Definitely keep us posted ...as always we like to know how that battery will hold up especially screen on time

6S PLUS

vasili8

Reaction score
I charged mine to 100% before I turned it on yesterday, around 1pm. By 7 this morning, I was down to 30% battery. Maybe that's pretty good since I was using it a lot yesterday getting it set up. I'll know more today. Right now I have the battery pack mod on it since I only have the one charger. I'm hoping that will get me through the day but we'll see.
Please keep the info coming on batt as it is helpful.
Also, do you have an issue with double tapping a photo taken and having it zoom in? I couldn't get it to work with 1 hand and using my thumb.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
The double tap on photo to zoom seems to work just fine for me. Way too early to tell about battery life.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up to all who are going to get the phone. It comes with a turbo charger, but the cable is not removable. Since it's USB-C, you should consider picking up a normal USB to USB-C cable if you want to use it with any other charger. I prefer to use a normal "slow" charger most of the time per our resident battery expert FoxKat's wise advice, but without the cable, you can't. Can't even hook up to the computer without a proper cable. Bad choice on Lenovorolas part to not make it a USB-USB-C cable or at least include one in the box.

mcraeh

Reaction score
I agree. I used the battery mod to charge mine this morning, and that got it up to around 60%. Down to 52% now with a few phone calls and light use. Also it would have been nice to be able to hook it up to my computer just to transfer stuff from my old phone, but I guess that will have to wait until I can pick up some cables.

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Here are a few pics with the camera and a screen shot of battery...I am using the battery mod on efficiency mode... The first two pics are outside, full sunlight and the last is inside, lower light but not dark.

uploadfromtaptalk1469820053541.png

uploadfromtaptalk1469820065281.png

uploadfromtaptalk1469820078786.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1469820090377.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1469820100603.jpg

~sent while mobile~

vasili8

Reaction score
OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Thanks for pics. Any other first impressions you can share? Also what phone did you have previously?

I just shared some in another thread (Official - I have picked up my Moto Z Device!) - overall, I like the phone thus far (a few quirks but they are more my preference)...I was currently using the Note 5 and the iPhone 6s Plus.

Since I mention quirks - these are more my preference and probably won't factor into someone's actual decision to pick up the phone...

1. I like the ability to set the DPI of the phone as small as possible - this is even outside of changing the font/text size in settings / display. The Note 5 did this with a hidden feature which was nice. This quirk should be resolved in Android 7 (hopefully we get the update sooner than later on the Z series :)) if the DPI settings make the final cut which is has in all of the beta's to date.

2. I like the ability to change up my font to a different style - Moto does not add this a standard option on their devices so it is only available with "root" - which I haven't modded a phone in over a year LOL - I am getting lazy. Not a deal breaker by any means :).

3. I would like the ability to hide the on screen nav bar - I use Pie Control which works really well and adds more function however, with the nav bar in place screen real estate is lost and you have to get the PC trigger in the right place to easily activate it.

That is really it for quirks that come right to my mind - again, I don't think they'll factor into someone else's decision and they won't keep me from using the device as it is nice built, feels good in hand and is fast in switching between apps / tasks. And as long as battery life is better than my Note 5 (that cannot take much LOL) it will stay in my current rotation :).

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Just a heads up to all who are going to get the phone. It comes with a turbo charger, but the cable is not removable. Since it's USB-C, you should consider picking up a normal USB to USB-C cable if you want to use it with any other charger. I prefer to use a normal "slow" charger most of the time per our resident battery expert FoxKat's wise advice, but without the cable, you can't. Can't even hook up to the computer without a proper cable. Bad choice on Lenovorolas part to not make it a USB-USB-C cable or at least include one in the box.

Congrats! Did you get the speaker mod? LOL

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
After 12 hours, my battery mod is at 4%, my phone is still at 80%... Couple of screens...

uploadfromtaptalk1469844359132.png

uploadfromtaptalk1469844366105.png

~sent while mobile~