Who picked up the new Moto Z2 force edition?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I suspect Google will steal Moto's best in class Driving Mode next.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I suspect Google will steal Moto's best in class Driving Mode next.

That seems to be the ONE thing that Moto has held onto for themselves since 2013. Pretty much every other Moto X / Droid Ultra feature from 2013 has been baked into stock Android, except that one.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Words escape me about how this phone sips battery. Smallest battery I've had in a phone in 2 gens. And beats them all...

After a week or so with your new phone Pere, are you still liking it? Still happy with the phone?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Almost a month now, brother. I'm very pleased. It's a great phone. Running with no case or mods most of the time. It's so fun skinny and sexy. This is not a requirement for me, but everyone who sees it mentions that. I would certainly prefer thicker with more battery. As you know because I say it all the time, I am hard on a phone. The battery continues to last me all day but I am in single digits at bedtime. I've only gotten over 6 hours SOT two times now. Once before I had everything setup and once after. 5 is pretty regular. With the battery mod the few times I've used it, it's easily a 2 day phone.
Moto actions are more responsive versus the T2. The screen is gorgeous. Cameras great, if still a little slow to capture. Android Pay I gotta say it: wtf? It's so much quicker then the T2 and the capture range is far better. You had to tap the terminal with the T2. With this it pays instantly as soon as I open the app if I'm close to the reader. Certainly quicker then using a chipped card.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
5 - 6 hours SOT is nothing to sneeze at. I get about half of that on one charge on my original Z Force.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Oh, and the fingerprint reader. This is so a feature I want on every phone going forward. Navigating with it feels like the way it was meant to be. I swear I am not a Moto Fan boi. I considered the G6. I might have bought the U11 ... Love that. The Sony XZ1? The top 3 in my book besides the Z2. But Moto continues to add features I can't imagine not having. First it was Shattershield. Then Moto Actions. Now this FP reader? Mods. i hear people complain because they cant listen with attached headphones and charge their phone. I've never had to do this but Yea...with the battery mod? I can. Yea... I'm hooked.

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Projector should be here on Monday.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Should be here tomorrow. Apparently sat on Moto's dock for a few days.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Should be here tomorrow. Apparently sat on Moto's dock for a few days.

Cool. . I'm starting to think that you are the only active Forum member that bought a Z2 Force?

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Nope and yes. Gonna get one possibly next week. Done with Samsung. All their new phones require a backpack to carry them

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Nope and yes. Gonna get one possibly next week. Done with Samsung. All their new phones require a backpack to carry them

Good deal! Curious to hear your thoughts on it, coming from someone who has not used a Moto in a while (or never?). Hope you find the Moto app useful.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Good deal! Curious to hear your thoughts on it, coming from someone who has not used a Moto in a while (or never?). Hope you find the Moto app useful.
Love Moto. Droid 2 global, Razr Maxx, turbo. Fell for the Glitz of the s7. Good phone....but time for a new one. Samsungs are just getting so dang big. I'll keep you guys posted.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So....I plunged and got 1. Motto assist is awesome. Screen is awesome. Feels good in my hand. Just the right size. Great battery life.
Heck.....I could go on for days about this phone.
Loved the first time it read a text to me or while I was driving :)

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, that's pretty addictive. I'm on vacation right now. Before I turned on Airplane mode and we just started moving it went into assist mode. LOL It will also turn on during a cruise.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yea, that's pretty addictive. I'm on vacation right now. Before I turned on Airplane mode and we just started moving it went into assist mode. LOL It will also turn on during a cruise.

Tell you the truth Pere...i was wavering on wether or not to get this phone. Your reviews were all the push required. You been helping me on this forum since my Droid 2 global days. Pretty much come to trust your judgement.
Don't remember you being this enthused about any phone ever.