Who picked up the new Moto Z2 force edition?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Words escape me about how this phone sips battery. Smallest battery I've had in a phone in 2 gens. And beats them all. Look at this:
7319f740ef449568faab2ef232c80d0c.jpg
c3dddefaae1e179bb94cf85071490318.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
fingers crossed that the Pix2 sips battery the same way.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It will. 6.5 hours SOT. I heard people make claims like that. I don't think I've ever seen more then 4. 6 point 5? Unreal...in a smaller battery.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It will. 6.5 hours SOT. I heard people make claims like that. I don't think I've ever seen more then 4. 6 point 5? Unreal...in a smaller battery.

And all the nay-sayers were condemning this phone before it was even released, for having the smaller battery. It's good to hear from an experienced Android user that the battery & chip work well together.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I pre-ordered thru VZW, received on the 10th (first Android phone I have purchased since the Note 7 LOL)...installed the update / security patch and received a msg "startup failed, mismatched bootloaders" - took it to the store and exchanged it.

The device is solid for sure, all the mods / bumper case work from my Moto Z Force. It is definitely snappy and fun to play with. Call clarity / quality is good as well. No complaints on my end. Waiting for the Moto Promotion submission to be approved :)...

Stinks to have those issues right out of the gate. I figured you would have waited and upgraded to the Note 8!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I think @smalltowngirl13 is over Sammy.. Lol
Let's see if she jumps on board...

I've always loved Moto just make me a bezel smaller model then I'm in...

Sent using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Frankly I',m tired of the bezel-less fad. In 3 years we will all be carrying around little paper thin glass rectangles.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Does the Z2 come with Google Now or Assistant as the default? Which one opens when you setup Voice Commands within the Moto App? That's one thing that you can't really test in a Verizon store.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Don't hate me, Sajo, but I haven't even setup Moto Voice. Assistant is default.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't hate you. . I'm mainly curious to know what happens with Moto Voice hands free commands. Does Google Now open, Assistant or does it just not work. When Google rolled out Assistant a while back it was not a replacement for Google Now, more of an upgrade to Google Now on Tap, and didn't work with Moto App commands if Assistant was set as the default. As soon as I saw that I switched back to Google Now and haven't looked at Assistant since. I have Assistant on my watch and Google Home, and until it can work with the Moto App I will not be buying a new phone (unless Google Now still works on the new phone).

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Actually I did set it up once. And it's a serious step down from my T2. I tried it once and bailed from it which is why I don't remember even using it. I can't even begin to describe how lame it is.
I'll try.
Basically all.Moto voice does now is open apps with a new "show me" command. Show me my day. Show me the weather. Show me...Facebook. You can open apps....but no longer can you send a text. It still does drive mode to read you texts...and it's more streamlined...less voice prompts from me...but sending: nerfed. Still playing. Will report further.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Actually I did set it up once. And it's a serious step down from my T2. I tried it once and bailed from it which is why I don't remember even using it. I can't even begin to describe how lame it is.
I'll try.
Basically all.Moto voice does now is open apps with a new "show me" command. Show me my day. Show me the weather. Show me...Facebook. You can open apps....but no longer can you send a text. It still does drive mode to read you texts...and it's more streamlined...less voice prompts from me...but sending: nerfed. Still playing. Will report further.

That sounds like the current functionality with Assistant. I wonder if you can revert your Assistant functionality back to the Google App, which the Moto App was designed to work with?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Completely bailed on Moto Voice and using Google Now...uh now. I predict this is the last Moto phone with that Voice App. Everytime Google releases something that does what a Moto does, they drop it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Completely bailed on Moto Voice and using Google Now...uh now. I predict this is the last Moto phone with that Voice App. Everytime Google releases something that does what a Moto does, they drop it.

That's very possible. Moto & Google seem to have a good relationship with Google implementing Moto features into stock Android a year - three after we use them on our Moto phones. I saw a screen shot yesterday of the new Moto X4 Moto App screen and looks like it will introduce more new Moto App features. So we may see those in stock Android in a few years?