Who needs flash

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by johall07, May 4, 2010.

1. johall07

johall07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.webmonkey.com/2010/05/who-needs-flash/

2. necronomican

necronomican Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree to be honest Flash is Trash... it slows down anything using it and drains alot of battery when being used..HTML5 is way ahead of Flash many are switching and a few have changed and alot dont know it... Google supports HTML5.. They own Youtube and Youtube uses HTML5 ..If you do alot of work with computers you'll eventually learn Flash is horrible in productivity but in one aspect it does do what its supposed to..I know were gunna have flash real soon for our Google phones and dont get me wrong im excited about it but from tests on Pc's and other portable devices that support flash when it runs it drains alot of battery and ram to run...Im not gonna say that will happen with our version.. Html5 is a year or 2 from being more commercial for use mainly because it takes a little more programming to use Html5 but pays off in the end.Sorry for the rambling but just Google search it if you are a fact person..There Is alot of good info in the website Johall07 gives above...:greendroid:

3. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Flash is definitely not trash when thousands of popular sites still use it.

4. dot

dot New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lots of people use Crack too. Doesn't mean it's good for you or your machine (body) ;)

If you have not seen what HTML5 can do you need to look into it. It's amazing. Lets face it; people don't demand flash. Developers might. But people demand access to those sites that use flash. If the average phone user opened their browser and the page displayed correctly they wouldn't give 2 pOOps what the underlying technology was. When it doesn't work they are quick to figure out what piece is missing and demand Flash when all they really want is to be Rick Rolled on their mobile device.

Bill M

5. dot

dot New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  6. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love flash as a web designer personally. And hey maybe we are getting flash and html5, ehh? I dono.

As far as Quake2 oh man that game was a trip. Personally I was a Doom II and Quake III guy myself, but I had some crazy times on 2.