Who is waiting for the OTA ICS??

bobbyp

Reaction score
I tried the. 2233 leak for a few days. It was nice but I felt compelled to roll back to. 905 and wait for the ota. I just didn't feel like learning a new OS right now.

Tums

Reaction score
I am waiting for the official OTA as well! But I am happy that most people are enjoying the most recent leaks makes me more excited for the final product to finally be released! Hopefully it will be sometime this month! I can wait...Though there are many temptations there :biggrin:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's supposed to be either "Q3" (July-September) or "Early Q3" (July).

No, it's supposed to be simply "early Q3". Read the chart.

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

The only people saying "Q3" instead of "early Q3" are internet sites who seem to have something against the Bionic, and want to make other devices look better by trying to make the release date for Bionic ICS appear further away than it is. For some strange reason, I am inclined to believe Moto above random internet sites. I kinda figure they (Moto) may just have a little insider info *LOL*

Graywolfscv

Reaction score
Went to Verizon today to complain about my 4G dropping everyday after the update to .905. The guy in charge of Tech claims that ICS should be out by August. I very seriously doubt that, but it would be awesome.

scottdog129

Reaction score
Graywolfscv said:
Went to Verizon today to complain about my 4G dropping everyday after the update to .905. The guy in charge of Tech claims that ICS should be out by August. I very seriously doubt that, but it would be awesome.

Mine drops about every half hour. So, so sick of it....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Do NOT take this as anything more than pure speculative rumor, but, I've read that it should drop the week of August 7th. Again, *UNCONFIRMED RUMOR*.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, it's supposed to be simply "early Q3". Read the chart.

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

The only people saying "Q3" instead of "early Q3" are internet sites who seem to have something against the Bionic, and want to make other devices look better by trying to make the release date for Bionic ICS appear further away than it is. For some strange reason, I am inclined to believe Moto above random internet sites. I kinda figure they (Moto) may just have a little insider info *LOL*

Maybe, but with Verizon in the mix I'm willing to err on the side of caution. Besides, earlier Moto said Q3 and I was going by that.

I don't mind getting it in July. :) It's both "Q3" and "Early Q3."

Last edited:

Graywolfscv

Reaction score

5 minutes after posting it, I downloaded the leak. I'm SOOO glad I didn't wait. Those of you that are, you won't be disappointed

scottdog129

Reaction score
Graywolfscv said:
5 minutes after posting it, I downloaded the leak. I'm SOOO glad I didn't wait. Those of you that are, you won't be disappointed

Im not entirely sure how to go about it or I would.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Im not entirely sure how to go about it or I would.

It's not difficult if you wanna take the plunge. If you're on 905, you essentially download the 230 zip file, stick it on your sdcard-ext, boot into stock recovery, and flash it.

scottdog129

Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
It's not difficult if you wanna take the plunge. If you're on 905, you essentially download the 230 zip file, stick it on your sdcard-ext, boot into stock recovery, and flash it.

How do you boot into stock recovery?

Graywolfscv

Reaction score
Here's the easiest explanation. Download the .233 zip. That's what I'm running. put it on your SD card, and rename it "Update" so that it reads "update.zip". Boot into stock recovery by shutting down then phone, then power back up while holding both volume buttons. Select "stock recovery" from the boot menu by pressing vol up. Select "install update.zip from SD Card" from the next menu. reboot after the install, and done. Don't freak out if it takes forever to get a 4G connection or certain things to respond. That's how it always is after updates.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
How do you boot into stock recovery?

Power off your phone. Hold volume up and volume down, press the power button. Volume down to get to Recovery, press Volume up to select it. When the android with the ! comes up, press both volume up and volume down at the same time to bring up the recovery menu.