Who is still rock'n the OG?

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by BrUhNiGGs, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It kinda feels like cheating...we get a look at ICS without just theming our Gingerbread roms...

I know it's not prime time yet, but it's still fun.

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you wanna think about it that way, don't forget D1 isn't even supposed to have Gingerbread, and that Gingerbread isn't really supposed to be themable by the user.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

3. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah...if we listened to what the manufactures spoon feed us we wouldn't have any fun.
    Even more the reason to show support for our devs...imagine where we'd be without them

4. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly Ice Cream Sandwich runs really smooth especially for only being pre-pre-alpha, gingerbread never ran that smooth, especially when it was it was in release candidates. Kfazz has come far with his ICS build in such a short period of time

5. googlelover

googlelover Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't know how I did this, but I found removing system apps you don't use free's up a lot of ram. That or the fact I just cleaned my phone from any apps I didn't use. Averaging about 50-80 mbs of free ram almost always and my phone hasn't never been better.

6. 20007.3stroker

20007.3stroker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My wife and I are still rocking ours for atleast a couple months. They won't be getting put completely away though when we get new ones. I'm still gonna use it for other stuff.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

7. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Same thing goes for me :p

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

8. QUAGMIRE

QUAGMIRE Member

Ratings:
    +0
    people been leaving og droid since way before the nexus came out. in its time it was a great phone, now is a great "ipod" which is way out of its life cycle. Yes is still operable, Yes still makes phone calls and Yes can be overclocked. But why linger on the past, I only use my og droid to test current builds i am doing. Since Gingerbread introduction og droid has gone way downhill its slow sluggish very limited internal memory and space. RETIRE it from main usage, you can't squeeze blood from a turnip.

9. yamahansolo

yamahansolo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Seriously ... I wish people would stop griping about the Droid. My wife and I aren't due for an upgrade till April. Also there are quite a few people I work with still using their outdated iPhone 3s.
    Not everyone paid full price on their Droid. We got ours a week before the x was realeased. Online. Buy 1 get one free 50 bucks!
    So no I'm not gonna drop 600 bucks on a razorwith no contract.jeez!

10. Project37

Project37 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, speaking for myself, I'm still using it because it works. :) It still does exactly what I need it to do. Granted, I wouldn't feel that way if I hadn't had all this time to flash new ROMs and experiment with it.

Recently left CM for Liquid and am loving it. The phone still makes calls, I can still use the web/Gmail/Calendar, watch movies, listen to music, etc. I don't do FB/Twitter anymore, but the apps worked fine when I did.

I was really excited for the Nexus and was seriously disappointed by the build quality. I held off and don't mind. It's all about ICS and it's inevitable that there'll be another (hopefully better) device that will be either be unlocked or otherwise rootable without the Nexus problems that people seem to be glossing over. Just because it's the first doesn't mean that it's automatically worth getting (for me, anyway). My OG is so much more than an "ipod" and far from out of its life cycle.

It'll get retired and used as a media device eventually, but it's still got plenty of mileage in it. I'm waiting to see what Droid 4 brings to the table.

11. 1linuxfreak

1linuxfreak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still chugging along with OG Droid 1 , works , and nothing ; in my opinion , is out worth a upgrade yet .
    Droid 4 or the Sony Ion will be my next choice for now .

12. QUAGMIRE

QUAGMIRE Member

Ratings:
    +0
    but what I'm trying to say is in its time d1 was bad a$$ but in same sentence you could say Vanilla Ice was good in his time
    But if still rocking and you don't got all the issues I had with gingerbread on d1 that forced me to upgrade. More power to Ya but a lot of descent/good devices are passing you by.

13. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not worried about getting passed by...if my needs are being met and I still have fun, I'm in no hurry.
    It just gives more time for newer features to get developed.

14. JayR_

JayR_ Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    Im with you ozz. My d1 is still my daily driver. Running liquid gb no issues and really no need to upgrade. Sure devices are going to pass us by but as soon as you purchase a new one then even more are going to pass you by. Im content to use this phone for another year or two as long as it doesnt crap out.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

15. googlelover

googlelover Member

Ratings:
    +1
    A lot of issues can be fixed if you learn how to mess with everything on the phone. I took the time to literally clean all the crap out of my phone, edit the build.prop to help the device run better, O/C'd with an amazing kernel, then threw on Supercharger v6 and my Droid always has 80-60 mbs of free ram, never randomly lose signal, and battery life is amazing. I WANT to upgrade, but can't afford to. Sometimes people aren't letting devices pass them by, they are just making due with what they have/can get.

Search tags for this page

og rock android