Who is still rock'n the OG?

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by BrUhNiGGs, Dec 16, 2011.

1. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs New Member

Since the GNex has come out, alot of ppl has left the og. Am I one of the only few who is still using it? Hope the devs can still support it for a little more and not just leave it behind.
  2. NicoleNXD

NicoleNXD New Member

Still got mine. I'm also hoping atleast a couple devs will still support it. I still have another month till my upgrade.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. packfan678

packfan678 New Member

I might wait until the Droid 4. I have read that it is expected to release either this month or next. The concerns I might have would be the integrated battery and the fact it feels a bit rushed.
  4. baggar11

baggar11 New Member

My wife and I are still rock'n ours. And my buddy and his wife have the OG Droid too.
  5. MdicnMan

MdicnMan New Member

Still have mine.. well till the end of the month at the most. I have to use my LivingSocial $50.00 by the 31st.
    Oddly, I am leaning toward the Bionic.

EDIT: Just picked up a Bionic tonight. PLayed with all of the new toys and landed on the Bionic for fit, finish amd great price. Wow! I thought my OG was still fast.. not so much.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  6. Trigger

Trigger New Member

My wife and I are also still rockin the OG. Both our devices are rooted (hers took a lot of convincing) but we're not on any custom ROM at the moment. I wish the GB ROMs would agree with our phones but as of right now, none seem to play nice. Thinking about switching us to the <whisper> iPhone 4S...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  7. cracker11

cracker11 New Member

I gave mine up for the Gnex and as much as I love my og I really like this Samsung I am keeping my og a little sentimental about it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  8. Durandgir

Durandgir New Member

I'm still rocking mine and will be for a while, i'm only a senior in high school and can not afford upgrading at the moment, I do hope people continue to support it, it will make my envy of all these new phones to disapear
  9. googlelover

googlelover New Member

I wish I had the Gnex, only rocking the OG Droid because I'm too broke to buy a new phone. Christmas couldn't come sooner! (even though I doubt I'll get it then..)
  10. trxdraxon

trxdraxon Guest

I am still running mine. Currently rooted running SS 5.6 1.2ghz ulv chevy kernel, runs great still after a year and a half. I do have an upgrade next month, I might get a Bionic or the Nexus or let my wife use it and my OG is still running pretty well.
  11. zevoman

zevoman New Member

Still rocking mine but it's time is limited. It has been far and away the best phone I've ever owned. I ordered the GNex last night (backordered) to replace it.
  12. Bpowder33

Bpowder33 New Member

finding it really hard to hand over more money to Verizon when my og is still running like a beast with liquid rom.... think I'm gonna wait for some prices to drop or the next give away like the incredible 2 after four months...

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums
  13. droidaddict101

droidaddict101 New Member

Rocking the og until my upgrade in march. Still loving steel droid 9 and deprimed. Then ill either get a gnex or see what my options are then.
  14. zevoman

zevoman New Member

That's mostly why I went ahead and ordered the GNex last night, even though its backordered since it was only $175 - much easier to swallow than $315 locally!
  15. chris231dkz

chris231dkz New Member

Still rocking my OG but have an upgrade available. Not totally sold on the Gnex though, feel like a better ICS phone will be out early next year with SD support etc. Maybe HTC. Like the RAZR but would want an ICS phone without hardware buttons. Will wait and see ;-) Amazed that my OG is still haging in there!!
  16. ufcfan72

ufcfan72 Member

Milestone A854 here. Same phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  17. TopDroid

TopDroid New Member

Im still Rocking my OG on Liquid 3.2, which I must say is the BEST most stable Ginger Rom I've ever had on my device. However, I've looked at the Nexus, the RAZR and the Rezound and I have to say that I think I like the Rezound the best but not by much. The Nexus is also just beautiful. My contract just ended and I'm trying to decide if I'm going to upgrade...I feel like I may wanna wait to see how these Quad Core phones are going to be like. I know there is really no need for a Quad Core in a phone. How much faster can they really get after Dual Core 1.2 or 1.5? Is it really necessary? No, but it'll be cool to see. I'll probably wait one more month to see if anything cool is coming out then I'll decide. I'd like to see a Galaxy S3 but I don't want to wait. And I realized that I can just upgrade then sell my whatever phone I buy on ebay or craiglist 6 months later if something else cool comes out and just keep doing that.
  18. grinchy

grinchy New Member

I am still rocking my OG :)
  19. coovee

coovee New Member

my dad and i are still rocking our og droid 1's...until today for me...

to my surprise, i asked him today to come with me while i purchase the google nexus, but he says he doesnt need a new phone im like :blink:

i have him running droid concepts 12...and i am using liquid 3.0 we are both happy but i gots to get that nexus!!
  20. captdroid

captdroid New Member

Had to leave my OG behind for a Galaxy Nexus :biggrin: GNex replaces the D1 as the next developer phone on Verizon.
Search tags for this page

og rock android