Who is ready for something different?

chongmagic

Reaction score
I don't mean to start a flame war but is anyone besides me ready for a true next generation phone from Verizon? I am so sick of hearing about rumors of the Bionic and of the Galaxy S II. The current lineup of phones is pathetic and I am in no means an Apple fanboy whatsoever. I have a Droid X and my contract is ending soon, I want something to upgrade to something better. Sorry for venting but I feel sometimes that I am spending good money for nothing other than a more reliable network. I am just getting frustrated and wanted to vent. Argh.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I just got a Dinc2 and it is a great phone but I have another upgrade and want to get the latest, greatest but I'm disappointed in Verizon's lineup too.

I'm sure it's just "grass is greener...." thinking but it seems like Sprint and even T-Mobile have phones that are more appealing to me than Verizon. My girlfriend has an EVO and that is one fine piece of machine, but I've had Sprint and the service in West Virginia is just not there imo.

My biggest problem is that I want vanilla Android and there is no such thing anymore. Everyone has their UI that is laying on top of it. They've become like different OS's for that matter, not even Android.

I'm gonna give the Bionic or maybe the D3 a look when they come out but it seems like every phone is missing 1 piece from being great...4G or in my case with the Dinc2, PERMANENT ROOT!!!

Last edited:
OP
C

chongmagic

Reaction score
Yes it would be nice to have a true vanilla android phone again, and I am not saying there are not some decent phones out there currently. I guess I am just missing the "WOW" factor these days. I guess maybe I am still bummed about the whole Galaxy S II rumor. Just tired of getting my hopes up. I have to say though I have been running the most recent nightly on my Droid X and it has been running faster than ever before. Again just venting, it does the soul good to do so every now and then.

Card

Reaction score
My girlfriend has an EVO and that is one fine piece of machine, but I've had Sprint and the service in West Virginia is just not there imo.

Funny you mention that. When I was in West Virginia a couple months ago, I had to "escape" to Virginia or Maryland just to get even a 1X signal on Verizon. Granted, I was up in the eastern panhandle (Martinsburg to be specific), but apparently that whole area is a giant black hole for Verizon signal. T-Mobile and AT&T somehow worked without issue, and my gf's Sprint phone, while not holding a strong signal, still worked. But then again, Martinsburg is a long, long way from Charleston.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Yeah, Martinsburg and Charley West are worlds apart...and not just geographically...lol

Haven't been up there since I got Verizon so Im not sure what their signal is like. I guess not good if your experience is typical, huh?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to be disappointed by rumors then stop relying on them. Anything that isn't officially stated is subject to change,