Who is getting it day one and who is waiting???

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
I was a day one purchaser...until the news about the Prime came out. Now I'll wait a few weeks to see if Samsung and Verizon announce a timetable for that device. I know most people on this board swear by the Moto build, but I've personally had a lousy experience. Dialer stopped working out of nowhere, occasionally sound on phone calls drops and requires reboot, sounds profiles change without warning, etc. On top of that, the bloatware on my Droid Pro is killing me. If the Prime is coming in October I will probably wait until then and give the Samsung product a chance.

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I will be waiting for the Vigor or Prime. Knowing they will probably come out in September or October I don't see a reason why not to wait.

tcayton49

Reaction score
I'll probably preorder it. Then I'll go to the verizon store day one and get it. Then when Costco gets it I'll get it so I an get the bundle. Then I'll get it on Wireflly when it the price drops to $149

lanza_david

Reaction score
I will probably wait too, both for the price drop and the new devices.
Don't you guys think that the Bionic would eventually get upgraded to ICS?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Phoenixfiref22

Reaction score
I'll be in-line day one to buy one. I've had my OG and he's been a real trooper, but his age is showing unfortunately. I do hope Costco has them day 1, their deal is awesome, but I hope BJ's (my wholesaler of choice) has a similar deal on it.

marcp24

Reaction score
Same as pheonix for me also...og Droid is killing me even though its in great condition I need a better screen and larger too! Only thing im afraid of is if I wait for the prime or HD im afraid they're gonna come out with something better thats gonna make me wait even more!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Phoenixfiref22

Reaction score
well, besides the age....my GF keeps rubbing her iPhone 4 in my face whenever she gets the chance, so the Droid to rule all Droids seems only fit in my hands to put her iPhone back in it's subservient* and substandard place.

*= iPhones were designed to serve the great race of smart phone OS; Android.

marcp24

Reaction score
Haha I hear ya man im tired of being the Guy with THE crapiest phone around! Im only afraid that ill b equivalent to people buying the TB when it came out only to find out bionic was coming out!!

Phoenixfiref22

Reaction score
Haha I hear ya man im tired of being the Guy with THE crapiest phone around! Im only afraid that ill b equivalent to people buying the TB when it came out only to find out bionic was coming out!!

Don't be. The Bionic's hardware will keep it competitive for several months after it's launch. Besides, Moto seems to have really gone to the drawing board on this one trying to bring some serious high quality and performance straight out the box. Not to mention that once it's rooted, there will be no keeping it down.

marcp24

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question but what does rooted mean and what does it do?

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I am waiting a couple of weeks maybe to the end of September. By then the reviews will be in.. Also I am interested in the Prime. We should have something concrete by then. I will buy the Bionic.. I have another upgrade for the Prime.

Phoenixfiref22

Reaction score
OMG! You don't know the wonders of what your phone is actually capable of. Rooted is the equivalent of Jailbreaking on an iPhone. Rooting grants you full user permissions and all rights to govern your device as you see fit. Let's say you don't like motoblur, when you're rooted, you can remove it from your phone and use a stock UI if you so please.

marcp24

Reaction score
Haha this is all confusing! Motoblur?! I got the og Droid so whatever ot came with is what I got! But I hate it!

obsquacious

Reaction score
Quick question. I've been able to upgrade for a while, but have been waiting for the Bionic. If my account ends in late September, does that mean that I have to upgrade before then to renew it? or can I just renew the contract, and upgrade a little later? Also, does anyone know if this phone will be hard to get if you don't preorder? I like to let the phone sit in the market for a bit and see the user's reviews of it.

edit

The answers to these questions determine whether I'll be for day one, or waiting a bit!