who is fed-up with paid apps that don't do their job ....

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by zero7404, Apr 9, 2011.

1. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

.... and the immensly thick brick wall between the customer and android market customer service (if such a thing exists).

i have 2 apps i've paid for that i've used, one for about a year, the other for about a month.

mybackup pro has always had a hickup here & there, with unexpected closes during backups. never cared much for that, but it's been happening more frequently this past few months -- they respond to emails, so i don't have much problem with that.

but other devs like highwind software (tunesync) don't seem to care about customer service, they've replied to my query once, never responded to future queries about an existing issue that hasn't been fixed yet (windows server software problem that renders the functionality of the app useless) ....

i contacted android market by putting in a refund request for tunesync, explained my issue with the app, never heard back or got a refund or anything.

so what's going on here. if android market is a store/merchant, where is their direct contact info for mail/phone ? or email for that matter....
    we have a merchant that is hiding behind an electronic wall, eager to be there to make transactions, but when there's a problem after the 15 min refund window then what ? i cannot even get in touch with someone @ google to try to get some help over this. i'm SOL ?

anyway, what i'm experiencing here has led me to remove my cc info from google checkout and i won't be buying any more apps from the market. does apple have better support in the app store ? .... just curious
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  2. kptphalkon

kptphalkon New Member

Make better decisions before buying an app. What else do you want from this forum?
  3. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Member

We're venting.
    :)
    And letting others know that some devs can be problematic.

MyCast Weather - when you write them the email that responds is from Garmin.

The last two updates have screwed the locations. GPS yields a city 50 miles away. You enter a valid zip code and you get an error message, Location Not Found...
    The first time they responded that they were aware and working to fix it. The second time, nothing.
    It worked when I bought it. But since then they decided to add a Social component - TO A WEATHER APP?
  4. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

you are gifted and able to see into the future, right ? you know of issues with apps before anyone else ever stumbles upon them first

what else do i want from this forum .... LOL ... u make it sound like i started a thread looking for blood

posted via android
  5. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

thanks for the point.
    i feel as though google doesnt owe anyone anything in the way of help when it comes to using its services because they constructed the infrastructure we use at no charge. but they are acting as a merchant here .... i see no means of help or correspondence in the way of issues with apps ppl have paid for. no policing of devs that are ignoring issues.

so in this aspect, seems apple's app store has the upper hand because they actually have a customer service dept. that interacts with customers that have issues with apps.

not so for android market. hence i pulled my cc info from checkout and wont buy any more apps.

posted via android
  6. patfactorx

patfactorx Member

Google has terrible customer service cuz they are engineers and anti social =op. Yah not big fans of them handling my purchases.

Try GetJar for apps

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  7. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

the response i got from my request for a refund of tunesync:

hence my conclusion to stop buying from the market. i would have no issue if dev's keep their software up to date and try to help customers who bought. apps like mybackup pro and titanium are good to keep their stuff working/updated. but highwind is a lowsy outfit, so is google for letting such devs sell apps and have the nerve to only offer 15 minutes to try an app.

15 minutes is nothing, how do you test the full functionality of an app that needs a desktop client installed in order to run properly in just 15 minutes ...
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  8. deborah3756

deborah3756 New Member

Check out the dev homepage before you buy. Make sure there's a way to contact them if something goes wrong. Also, check to see if they're constantly updating and fixing bugs to the app.

Not all devs are ethical and tend to just throw apps around willy nilly and take people's money.

Just my thoughts ....????????????

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  9. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

the dev does have a pulse. i emailed them, they responded after 1 or 1.5 weeks to my query. since my return reply (more than a week ago) i have not seen any updates or email response from them. i emailed again asking for a refund. have not seen this either.

at that point i gave up, not really worth the aggravation over $ 5. but it fuels me up to think this is how things are in the market. google is hosting a jungle.
  10. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Before I purchase an app, I try to look at the developer, the ratings the application has, and read user comments. After that I will either decide to buy or not. Did I ever buy something I wish I didn't - sure, I bought GDE Homepage a long time ago. But, that was my decision and my $4.99. I've bought takeout food that I ended up not liking, but I was not going to ask for a refund. Not sure how buying something from the Market is any different. Nobody is forcing you to use your CC.
  11. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

you need a cc on file to buy apps. same analogy as with clicking the" i agree" to terms and conditions button in order to install a software you want to use.

posted via android
  12. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Nobody is going to dispute that, right, you do need a CC on file to purchase apps from the Market. Not sure what your point is there? I also get apps from the Amazon App Store - there's a CC on file there too.
  13. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

my point is there are devs that are not responsive to help their customers and android market is hosting them

posted via android
  14. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Member

Some are very responsive.
    Don't lump them all together.

The guy that wrote maildroid answer emails very quickly. And makes changes/updates constantly. There must have been at least half a dozen since December.
  15. removement

removement New Member

I agree with mad. Most dev's I have corresponded with have been real receptive. I also do a lot of homework before I buy something.

You can look at the Amazon market to see customer comments.

You can dig through app brain and see the change log which will give you an idea of frequency and if they are making changes based on user comments.

Really its just buyer beware. Most major corporations who make products suck worse then the devs I have delt with in the customer service realm.

And for the market, well if you buy something off Craigslist and it ends up being a piece of junk you would not call Craigslist to get a refund. They are just the way to find the junk, not the ones selling it.
  16. removement

removement New Member

Sorry mentioned to say I agree with angry.
  17. removement

removement New Member

Lol, stupid phone trying to think for me!

I meant to say, I agree with angry.

Yeah it worked =)
  18. returntosender

returntosender New Member

Reading customer reviews is also critical. Look for donationware alternatives or try emailing the dev's before hand and see how responsive they are. I've purchased a few apps that I wish I hadn't, either they caused issues or I found something better, but at a few bucks a pop, it's not something I get worked up over. After all, i pay out the wazoo for a 1000 channels of crap on television, and somehow, that is ok.
  19. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

i do read reviews, that's not the issue. i wouldn't buy an app if it's got less than a 4 star review by at least several hundred reviews.

but there's no google presence or anything else in the market keeping tabs on slacking devs. and when there's a problem, the outlets available to me for resolution on google's end are few, far between and i have to sweat searching for contact info/resources to get in touch with them over an issue.

shouldn't be this way, but since it is ... i withdrew my business. it's the only way to make a noticeable impact.
  20. returntosender

returntosender New Member

I tend to agree that 15 minutes is not nearly enough time to evaluate an app. If it were longer, I might buy more apps.
Search tags for this page

android anti curious app

tunesyc