Who is ditching the Bionic for the Galaxy Nexus?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by lanza_david, Dec 15, 2011.

1. PurpleTwinkie

PurpleTwinkie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here. Love it. Have no Nexusitis.

Sent from a Phone

2. krameroid

krameroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im no longer switching to it.

Ill be the first to admit, I got caught up in the hype and truly thought this was the "iPhone killer" (hate that saying). I was going to sell my Bionic and jump all over it. BUT....

IM a camera guyNot impressed at all with the pics posted in Gnex section. Dont understand the 5mp choice by samsung.

IMO I can wait for ICS. Ill never use NFC. Bionic is fast enough. 4.6 looks great but monsterous.

Sent from my Platonic BIONIC using DroidForums

3. billyk

billyk Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Happy to stay right where I am.
    I love this thing!

4. colorfulbliss

colorfulbliss New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm staying put. LOVE my Bionic. Let the GNexxer's beta test ICS for me :icon_ devil:

5. gsDroid

gsDroid Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Definitely keeping my Bionic. I think it is a great phone and it runs way better than stock with DroidTheory's Kin3tx custom rom.

6. ericon2

ericon2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with you. The same thing happened to me as I bought the Bionic hype the day it came out. Never again. I was so peeved that the Razr came out so fast after the bionic that I could not think straight. The same phone except thinner. I am happy with the phone as I use the HDMI out cable a lot to stream videos which the Gnexus does have. I looked at the nexus today but won't give them 700 bucks for it.

7. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Samsung sometimes has great cameras in their devices but I am not impressed by the pictures I am see in their thread. I thought tbe camera would be better. Don't tell the GNexers this though, they have a justification for everything.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

8. lanza_david

lanza_david Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just came back from the VZW store. Not impressed with the GNex. I am close to my 90 days (87 today) for Costco, so I might think about the Razr. The reason is that my Bionic reboots itself out of the blue, or sometimes, seems random, when inserted in the docks. Also, my bluetooth earpice, which is even Motorola, freezes the Bionic once in a while.

I am of course not convinced about the Razr non-removable battery, so I might just then get a new Bionic hoping it does not have those issues.

9. striker85

striker85 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Just got my bionic today and am in love with it already. I may be a little naive because im finally upgrading from my OG but still... this phone is bigger, faster, more feature packed and is still lighter than the OG! I checked out the nexus but the lack of an sd slot is a deal breaker right off. The non-removable battery killed the razr, as did the display which has been shown to have a noticeable tint to it. Im good with tbis phone for a couple, if not more, years.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

10. MightyT01

MightyT01 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm glad I bought a used Bionic to keep me satisfied until the GNex comes down in price to renew my contract. Bionic has turned out very nice for my immediate needs, especially having moved up from the OG Droid. I'll give the spousal unit the Bionic, upgrade my line to the GNex in a few months and keep her upgrade open until the next best thing. :biggrin:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

11. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Time will show you that the GNex is so so.

• Like Like x 1
  12. droidxd00d

droidxd00d Member

Ratings:
    +8
    If it didnt have ics or non-capacitive buttons no one would give it a second glance. Once all these new phones have ics it wont be that big of a deal. I'm happy with the bionic all the nexus buyers can have fun with that build quality......

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums