Who is ditching the Bionic for the Galaxy Nexus?

colorfulbliss

Reaction score
I'm staying put. LOVE my Bionic. Let the GNexxer's beta test ICS for me :icon_ devil:

gsDroid

Reaction score
Definitely keeping my Bionic. I think it is a great phone and it runs way better than stock with DroidTheory's Kin3tx custom rom.

ericon2

Reaction score
I agree with you. The same thing happened to me as I bought the Bionic hype the day it came out. Never again. I was so peeved that the Razr came out so fast after the bionic that I could not think straight. The same phone except thinner. I am happy with the phone as I use the HDMI out cable a lot to stream videos which the Gnexus does have. I looked at the nexus today but won't give them 700 bucks for it.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Samsung sometimes has great cameras in their devices but I am not impressed by the pictures I am see in their thread. I thought tbe camera would be better. Don't tell the GNexers this though, they have a justification for everything.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
L

lanza_david

Reaction score
Just came back from the VZW store. Not impressed with the GNex. I am close to my 90 days (87 today) for Costco, so I might think about the Razr. The reason is that my Bionic reboots itself out of the blue, or sometimes, seems random, when inserted in the docks. Also, my bluetooth earpice, which is even Motorola, freezes the Bionic once in a while.

I am of course not convinced about the Razr non-removable battery, so I might just then get a new Bionic hoping it does not have those issues.

striker85

Reaction score
Just got my bionic today and am in love with it already. I may be a little naive because im finally upgrading from my OG but still... this phone is bigger, faster, more feature packed and is still lighter than the OG! I checked out the nexus but the lack of an sd slot is a deal breaker right off. The non-removable battery killed the razr, as did the display which has been shown to have a noticeable tint to it. Im good with tbis phone for a couple, if not more, years.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

MightyT01

Reaction score
I'm glad I bought a used Bionic to keep me satisfied until the GNex comes down in price to renew my contract. Bionic has turned out very nice for my immediate needs, especially having moved up from the OG Droid. I'll give the spousal unit the Bionic, upgrade my line to the GNex in a few months and keep her upgrade open until the next best thing. :biggrin:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

droidxd00d

Reaction score
If it didnt have ics or non-capacitive buttons no one would give it a second glance. Once all these new phones have ics it wont be that big of a deal. I'm happy with the bionic all the nexus buyers can have fun with that build quality......

sstrool

Reaction score
So when the Bionic does get ICS, I wonder how it will work with the 4 buttons at the bottom and the three virtual buttons?

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
So when the Bionic does get ICS, I wonder how it will work with the 4 buttons at the bottom and the three virtual buttons?

They've already confirmed that if there are already physical buttons, they won't have onscreen buttons and the physical buttons will continue doing what they do with a few minor tweaks!

This wants to be sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus

rasaun87

Reaction score
Man I crucified my bionic, then got a resound which was worlds better. Then got the nexus. Not much better than the resound, and it will be just as good when it gets ics, but bionic is only good when you rom it. But to each is own. :)

sent from my bio... err rezo... err Galaxy Nexus. using vanilla android.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I'll pass on any Samsung phone.... Now, if the next Nexus is Motorola made, then yes. At any rate, I'll be holding onto my Bionic until at least several months after my contract is up. Not only is this an awesome phone, but like several people have already said, I will not be a "first day adopter" again. I'll wait for the price to come down and the kinks to be worked out before I make my next purchase.

wseyller

Reaction score
I would love to switch to the nexus but I would likely lose too much money in the process. The amount I could sell my phone to put towards the nexus would be too much of a loss. Also all my accessories I would have to sell. The bionic is great overall, but the data drop outs is a headache. Also an unlocked bootloader makes me drool. This will likely be my last moto phone.