OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
No Google Play or Google services available and although you get a "free" year of Prime you still have to pay for the data. I like Fire TV for $99.00 okay but this thing is going to be a dud.
Amazon doesn't expect to sell alot of these phones. 2-3 million by year end. They are meant to increase existing customer sales. Still a dud by any standard.

indee2025

Reaction score
Amazon doesn't expect to sell alot of these phones. 2-3 million by year end. They are meant to increase existing customer sales. Still a dud by any standard.
I welcome competition into the market but this just feels like they missed the mark, the firefly function has a lot of potential for doing great things through the innovation of 3rd party developers. Amazon is not a junky company, I really felt like a smartphone coming from Amazon would be something really great but all we're getting is a tool for buying more junk off Amazon, something that is beneficial to Amazon but not really for the consumer so it shouldn't have been marketed as the device's flagship effect. This is the same feeling I was left with when I found out Firefox, Ubuntu etc were getting involved with smartphones ONLY in the third world market! I had higher hopes for Amazon, but all they're giving us is a nice design that acts as a phone/product locator.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I welcome competition into the market but this just feels like they missed the mark, the firefly function has a lot of potential for doing great things through the innovation of 3rd party developers. Amazon is not a junky company, I really felt like a smartphone coming from Amazon would be something really great but all we're getting is a tool for buying more junk off Amazon, something that is beneficial to Amazon but not really for the consumer so it shouldn't have been marketed as the device's flagship effect. This is the same feeling I was left with when I found out Firefox, Ubuntu etc were getting involved with smartphones ONLY in the third world market! I had higher hopes for Amazon, but all they're giving us is a nice design that acts as a phone/product locator.
It's a Fire that makes phone calls. An iPhone/iPad is designed to make revenue from the iTunes store. I don't see the difference.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk