Who has the most bloatware?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I totes agree, you bought a Google phone, basically, it should certainly have every damn Google app on it.
It's starting to amaze me what people want. Build your own phone then.

Agree the stuff Verizon installs is the ONLY bloat IMO.

NFL Mobile
Amazon Appstore
Kindle
Verizon Cloud
Verizon Family Base Companion
Verizon Message +
Verizon Backup Assistant
Verizon Support & Protection
Verizon Navigator
Verizon Location Agent
Quickoffice

You're missing a few. Unless we have different Turbos.
Audible
Call My Droid
Caller Name ID
Droid Zap
My Infozone
Slacker...cannot be removed
Verizon Login

And then Moto adds a few
Connect
Migrate (should be able to remove after using)
Flip Case (seriously???)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Audible
Call My Droid
Caller Name ID
Droid Zap
My Infozone
Verizon Login

And then Moto adds a few
Connect
Flip Case (seriously???)

I have those also, forgot about a few of them. I use Connect and Migrate so I don't consider them bloat. The Flip Case feature seems cool, if you have the case and like that functionality. For me personally, I don't consider the Google products or manufacturer features (Connect & Migrate) to be bloat. I do consider the stuff Verizon (and other carriers) adds to the phone before selling it to be bloat. But then again....I know some people that use and like BA + and Verizon Cloud and Verizon Message +. This is an interesting discussion, pulled me back into the forum after a short hiatus. I think the only thing we might be able to agree on is that one person's bloat is another person's useful app.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I have those also, forgot about a few of them. I use Connect and Migrate so I don't consider them bloat.
But you USED Migrate. Once. You don't continue to use it. It should be removable. If anything... that should.

This is an interesting discussion, pulled me back into the forum after a short hiatus. I think the only thing we might be able to agree on is that one person's bloat is another person's useful app.

You can't leave us, buddy?!?!?! :(

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
But you USED Migrate. Once. You don't continue to use it. It should be removable. If anything... that should.

Actually...I tried to use it 4 times and only 1 was successful. I got frustrated the other 3 times and did it the way I always do...connect both phones to a laptop and transfer files that way. As long as you could re-install if from the Play Store to help setup a new phone, I guess I agree...we should be able to uninstall it if we want. :)

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I totes agree, you bought a Google phone, basically, it should certainly have every damn Google app on it.
It's starting to amaze me what people want. Build your own phone then.

Agree the stuff Verizon installs is the ONLY bloat IMO.

Audible
Call My Droid
Caller Name ID
Droid Zap
My Infozone
Verizon Login

And then Moto adds a few
Connect
Flip Case (seriously???)
It is one thing to come with every Google app, it is another thing not to be able to remove them without having to run custom software or root. It shouldn't have to be an all or none deal.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Again...I don't feel sorry for you.
You bought a Google Phone. Buy something else. I think Google has every right to load those apps on your phone. AT LEAST they give you the ability to DISABLE them unlike... ummmmm... EVERY other company.

You're probably one of those people that always speaks out about SD Cards, too, amirite? "Bah, we don't need them!" Well then don't cry about apps taking up space.

(Love ya', brother. Just being overly devils advocatey...)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Note5

Apps that cannot be disabled or uninstalled:
Calendar
Camera
Clock
Email
Emergency Alerts
Gallery
Help
Internet
Music
MyFiles
My Verizon Mobile
SNote
Samsung Account
Scrapbook
ScreenWrite
Settings
SetupWizard
TouchwizEasyHome
TouchwizHome
Video
VerizonVoicemail
Weather

Apps that can be disabled:
AmazonAppstore
AmazonKindle
AndroidPay
Chrome
Contacts
Drive
Facebook
GalaxyApps
GMail
GoogleApp
Google Play Music
Google PlayStore
Hangouts
Maps
Message+
Photos
SVoice
Samsung Galaxy
SideSync
Swype
TalkBack
ThemeStore
YouTube

Disabled Apps:
d10dd5fbe150bf5847a6dfed02f8e6c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Again...I don't feel sorry for you.
You bought a Google Phone. Buy something else. I think Google has every right to load those apps on your phone. AT LEAST they give you the ability to DISABLE them unlike... ummmmm... EVERY other company.

You're probably one of those people that always speaks out about SD Cards, too, amirite? "Bah, we don't need them!" Well then don't cry about apps taking up space.

(Love ya', brother. Just being overly devils advocatey...)

Nope I am actually one who did not like that they started removing external SD Cards.

And if the take is we bought a _____ phone then they have the right to load it up with bloat then where do it stop?

If that is the case then let's let Samsung load it up...wait it is on the Vzw network so they need to load up with what they want to push...also its android so they get to load it up with their service. Now you have almost 70 apps that can only be disabled. Need more space, we'll sell you this 64GB phone that is 100 to $200 more so you can have room for your music. Oh we also have this cloud storage we want you to subscribe to.

For what we pay for these devices as a consumer I should be able to remove apps I dont want just as I can on a computer. If the consensus is "it is what it is" then you cant get mad when you boot up your phone to see over half your memory gone. Who go to a grocery store to buy a gallon of milk and is ok with leaving the store with half of it gone even though you paid for a full gallon?

Im curious if method three, to boot up android with no google apps, in my op will work on non nexus phones?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Most devices on vzw will be bloated like crazy..Samsung's especially...followed by pretty much anything else..I go and disable everything I can, safely... It should be so bloat can be removed by the purchaser...there's no reason for us not to be able to..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Most devices on vzw will be bloated like crazy..Samsung's especially...followed by pretty much anything else..I go and disable everything I can, safely... It should be so bloat can be removed by the purchaser...there's no reason for us not to be able to..
How does Verizon compare to AT&T these days? I have never had a smart phone that was not VZW, but remember co-workers that used to complain about all of the AT&T stuff that was on their phones.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
How does Verizon compare to AT&T these days? I have never had a smart phone that was not VZW, but remember co-workers that used to complain about all of the AT&T stuff that was on their phones.

I've never had an at&t device..but I'd bet they're neck n neck if not vzw pulling away..vzw (on the last phone I looked at in store) had their family apps all over on it (locator, the app to allow or shut down usage from other devices at certain hours)and their VZ protect,. Which I actually use....but idk if someone had added these to try em in store or if they were pre loaded..

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Att have their fair share. Like Verizon, they like to remind you who's phone that is.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
As a comparison, here is the AT&T bloat on the new LG V10:

Preloaded apps from AT&T
AT&T Address Book, AT&T DriveMode®, AT&T FamilyMap®, AT&T Family Utility, AT&T Protect Plus, AT&T Navigator®, AT&T Mobile TV®, AT&T Smart Wi-Fi, AT&T Visual Voicemail, Caller Name ID, Drag and Drop into Trash Can, Lookout®, Remote Support, Smart Limits, Usage Manager, AT&T Mobile Transfer, Plenti℠, YPmobile®, DIRECTV, AT&T Ready2Go, AT&T Device Help.

Cool Tools
LG Knock Code™, Amazon® Shopping, UBER®, Google Play™, Amazon® Kindle.

That doesn't even include most of the Google and LG bloat that I'm sure are also added. There's just no way to buy a phone from a carrier without it. It really is sad that this crap can't be deleted.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
By the looks of that list I think AT&T may have Verizon beat with the number of carrier forced bloat apps in a phone, that is a lot.