who has received the OTA for the 4.1.2 update?

Pegleg

Reaction score
I received the update early today...system version 9.16.6xt926verizon.en,us
Android version 4.1.2
Build number 9.8.1Q-62_VQW_MR-2

turbodave

Reaction score
I talk to Verizon Saturday at their corp store they are having issues with this update one is texting delivery notification don't work now also gmail won't send....they said they have a bunch of calls on these two main issues so far...there probably will be patch coming soon since this update mess everyone maxx HD up.....Eric:angry:

I don't have either of those issues! So far NO issues. I guess maybe because my phone is bone stock.

djspy

Reaction score
I had to roll back to ICS and root then take all the updates in succession. I kept root using OTA Root Keeper. I'm guessing mine failed because I had theft keyboard and camera from 4.2. I instated them using SafeStrap.

rpincar

Reaction score
I got the ota last Thursday, but also got a Security Update requirement that causes me much concern. Have not activated it because it gave "server m.google.com" to remotely control some security features. Such as: erase all data without warning, set password rules, and much more. I talked to Level 2 Tech support at Moto, and they told me it was a new service offered in case we lose our phones. I was also informed that I would not receive further updates if I didn't allow this to proceed. This doesn't smell right.... Anybody have clarity on this?
Thanks
Ron

Hodor

Reaction score
I got the ota last Thursday, but also got a Security Update requirement that causes me much concern. Have not activated it because it gave "server m.google.com" to remotely control some security features. Such as: erase all data without warning, set password rules, and much more. I talked to Level 2 Tech support at Moto, and they told me it was a new service offered in case we lose our phones. I was also informed that I would not receive further updates if I didn't allow this to proceed. This doesn't smell right.... Anybody have clarity on this?
Thanks
Ron

Your post got me curious, so I did some digging and found under the security settings /device administrators an entry for Motorola Services that allows them to do everything you listed above! However, mine is not enabled and I plan to leave it that way! My guess is it's for those among us who call for support, they probably ask you to enable it at that time? I still don't like it though.....

rpincar

Reaction score
Your post got me curious, so I did some digging and found under the security settings /device administrators an entry for Motorola Services that allows them to do everything you listed above! However, mine is not enabled and I plan to leave it that way! My guess is it's for those among us who call for support, they probably ask you to enable it at that time? I still don't like it though.....

Thanks, it was enabled. I deselected it, and restarted the phone and the security update request disappeared, for the present. I really can't stand the attitude that Moto showed. I was about ready to put the phone on ebay, so you saved the day...
Thanks again

TripL

Reaction score
I got it last night it messed up my text messaging app the delivery report don't work now. It check like bit should also. I done a reset still don't work...anyone having this issue?
+1 same here. :( Other than the stock text messaging app losing the 'check mark' delivery report I'm extremely happy with the update. Subscribed for when someone comes up with a fix.

chasman

Reaction score
Seems that i am getting multiple notifications of someone updating their FB status. don't know if this is a update problem or FB problem i got my update Thurs eve, I am in the Daytona
Beach Fl area. but the phone is registered in Pittsburgh PA.

karstem

Reaction score
I talk to Verizon Saturday at their corp store they are having issues with this update one is texting delivery notification don't work now also gmail won't send....they said they have a bunch of calls on these two main issues so far...there probably will be patch coming soon since this update mess everyone maxx HD up.....Eric:angry:

I got the new download and NO longer can use group texting or e mailing. Any suggestions.

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
My Maxx HD is stock not rooted I have those problems I mention earlier. I just notice to I can't group text either. Hopefully Verizon will fix this soon as possible... u think they would of tested this before pushing it out...

Hodor

Reaction score
Thanks, it was enabled. I deselected it, and restarted the phone and the security update request disappeared, for the present. I really can't stand the attitude that Moto showed. I was about ready to put the phone on ebay, so you saved the day...
Thanks again

No problem, glad I could help!

SargentW

Reaction score
I got this update, or at least I guess its this one. im not a phone person, but its the update for pantech marauder. Regardless, after getting the update, my phone continuosly restarts itself when im trying to text.. reset it 3 times, no use. went to verizon store, even less usefull. any ideas?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
This section is specific to the RAZR HD so you may not find a lot of help here...

That being said have you tried a factory reset?

Sent from my Razr HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

SargentW

Reaction score
ya sorry, I noticed that after I posted. I had just googled the name of the update and this came up. I have factory reset it 3 times, once by verizon employee. I was at the store all day and they gave up on fixing it, said they'd just ship me a replacement. Apparently this update is unreversible with marauders and completely messes them up in one way or another