Who has a "like new" replacement?

pennyb617

Reaction score
Same for me. I was fearful of the data transfer and the verizon support person walked me through the process. It was very easy. They were so helpful.

Bostonsfavson

Reaction score
I got my replacement "like new" droid last week and it is as advertised. It's like new, works great and it was super easy to move the info from the original droid to my new one. I put the original one in their return box and away it went.

Same here. And trust me, I did a thorough CSI-like inspection of the phone, because there was no way I was going to replace my perfectly maintained Droid with some used piece of crap. The phone appeared to be in perfect shape, though, and it's been working flawlessly.

Ricocht77

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3v
I have a question if you could help out, my droid took a minor fall and took a little cosmetic damage (scraped the side) and i think the sliding keyboard got loosened up slightly..

My question is could i return it in for a new/whitebox replacement one (more then willing to pay a restocking fee or even a bit more if needed to) I am within my 30 days (got feb 13) but i declined insurance on the phone, what are my options/can i expect? any info or tips would be appreciated :):heart::motdroidvert:

R1Lover

Reaction score
All of you returning your phone to get a new one are just exchanging it with people just like you somewhere else..... .lol

95% of issues are user error and verizon knows this... so you guys that keep swapping phones are just exchanging phones with each other. lol

all carriers do this as well... nothing new and nothing wrong with it.

R1Lover

Reaction score
I have a question if you could help out, my droid took a minor fall and took a little cosmetic damage (scraped the side) and i think the sliding keyboard got loosened up slightly..

My question is could i return it in for a new/whitebox replacement one (more then willing to pay a restocking fee or even a bit more if needed to) I am within my 30 days (got feb 13) but i declined insurance on the phone, what are my options/can i expect? any info or tips would be appreciated :):heart::motdroidvert:

If you damaged it then it's your issue, they will not take it back damaged. The 30 day return policy does not cover user damage.

MrKleen

Reaction score
It sounds as if so far you've had somewhat of a bad experience with customer service. I am on my third phone and this is how it worked out for me.

I received both of my replacements after the 30 day period. The first time I was about 1 or 2 weeks outside of 30 days. They gave me a brand new phone at the store. However sadly I had to return that phone also about a few weeks later. This phone was also replaced at the store. However this time I got a white box replacement. I was worried about it but decided to give it a try. This phone has been perfect since and it's been about 2 months.

All of my replacements were provided at no cost at the store. If I were you i would go back and deal with the store directly.

heatherpeterson

Reaction score
Crap

i have the Motorola Droid, and I received a "certified like new replacement" from Verizon last Tuesday. It has already taken a crap. i was on the phone with verizon for 45 minutes for them to tell me I can either take another "certified ****" phone or I am s.o.l. I think it's crap that I paid for a brand new phone, it had electrical problems, so they send me a "like new" phone. I am going to the store tomorrow to pitch a fit and attempt to get a brand new phone. If not, I will take my service elsewhere.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
i have the Motorola Droid, and I received a "certified like new replacement" from Verizon last Tuesday. It has already taken a crap. i was on the phone with verizon for 45 minutes for them to tell me I can either take another "certified ****" phone or I am s.o.l. I think it's crap that I paid for a brand new phone, it had electrical problems, so they send me a "like new" phone. I am going to the store tomorrow to pitch a fit and attempt to get a brand new phone. If not, I will take my service elsewhere.

So you bought a new phone that failed and now you're upset that you cannot get another new phone? Just where does your faith in a "new phone" come from?

heatherpeterson

Reaction score
My faith comes from the fact that I had the new phone for over three months, but the certified like new replacement phone for barely a week.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think it's crap that I paid for a brand new phone, it had electrical problems, so they send me a "like new" phone. I am going to the store tomorrow to pitch a fit and attempt to get a brand new phone. If not, I will take my service elsewhere.
My faith comes from the fact that I had the new phone for over three months
You won't get a new replacement after 3 months with any carrier. Your phone isn't new past the first 30 days. Not to mention the recertified device comes with a warranty. Good luck in taking your service elsewhere.

Last edited: