who got the update and tried to root?

llewis13

Reaction score
Based on those numbers it looks like you applied the update, then used a forever root package to go back to stock. Which left you with 886 and an updated kernel and radio. I think you got your steps backwards or out of order. I think at this point you should re-apply the leaked 893 update and that should get you where you need to be.

You can not revert to stock now, you are on an upgraded kernel and radio. Those will not revert (well the radio can but it won't change your situation). Your only path forward now is to apply a leaked update. The regular OTA will not work on your phone.

Thank you! I think you're right by the way, that I have the order mixed up. I think I installed the update, then did the root which is why it looks the way it does.

Do you know if there's a way to stop the notification from popping up? I have no reason to install it because my battery and radio work well. Its just annoying now that it keeps popping up. How do I cancel that notification completely? i have to try re-install the leaked update? i don't want that to mess up my settings as they are right now because everything works just as i'd like it to.

Tonik

Reaction score
redo the leaked update. that gets your system and radio on the same page. That should stop the update

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

SNSDroidx

Reaction score
I did my 5.886 and it works just fine. I did it through updates from the abouts as well.

jkliving92

Reaction score
I was rooted pre OTA update. 1-click does not work for me.
=(

You need this. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-hacks/190331-getting-back-ota-upgrade-path-retaining-root-901-installation.html

gixxer1kdaddy

Reaction score
1-click root

this method was so easy. downloaded the files, opened it up, connected the phone to laptop, walked away and 3 minutes later came back to find superuser on my phone.
thanks to the person who got this up on here.