Who gave you your first cigarette?

greeky510

Reaction score
My uncle (dad's brother) and me were sitting in a cafeteria in Greece when i was 11. Here is how the convo went when he offered me one.
Uncle - Want one?
Me - No
Uncle - Take it, you will try it with your friends sooner or later, you might as well try it now so you dont cough your lungs out infront of them.
Me - I'm ok uncle, i dont want to try it.
Then my uncle took a cigarette out of his pack and put it on the table in front of me.
I never touched it. That was 15 years ago and the only time i smoked was my wedding day almost 3 years ago.

JRParsons

Reaction score
I had a job cleaning the parking lot in a small strip mall, I found an unopened pack in one of the barrels, a friend and myself took a couple of days to finish the pack. That was 1982, I smoked a pack a day since then, last October I finally quit, with the help of Chantix. It's been about 5 months. I still miss it, but don't want to ever have to quit again. I tell myself that if I'm ever diagnosed with a terminal disease I'll start smoking again.
(The money I've saved on cigarettes has been replaced by money on extra food, I've put on 30 pounds since I quit.)
Over the years I've quit some prety nasty stuff, cigarettes were by far the most difficult to put down. I envy the people that can have a smoke now and then. I have a good friend that only smokes when he goes out with friends, then may not smoke for a week or two.

Sent from my Illudium PU - 36 Explosive Space Modulator.

Insidious

Reaction score
My friend. It was okay, but it really wasn't worth it to me. I was just like okay, this is it? But then about a year later I started getting cravings, yet I held off but now ill get random cravings and its quite annoying...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

ambrown

Reaction score
Not a smoker myself, never even wanted to try it. I've been approached by kids to buy them cigarettes before though. I always decline because 1) it's illegal to buy for minors. 2) I'm not going to help them start, or support, a deadly habit. 3) it's against my morals to smoke.

I have known friends who smoke and have in-laws that smoke, and they can do what they please. But I personally am against it.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

kparks

Reaction score
Some of these story's are hilarious!!! First and only time I ever smoked a cig I was prolly 13 and stole 1 from my mom took about 2 puffs and didn't cough but I remember it was nasty... First time for weed I turned it down alot and I mean alot lol.. Then 1 day me and a bunch of ppl were in a hot tub someone broke a blunt out some hot chick passed it to me and I was like wth.. so i did and it was not bad at all i never really started smoking weed but I would smoke a blunt sometimes like 2 times a week and other times 1 time in 2 months never bought any just when my friends were doing it but after seeing what It did to my buddy's I quite about a year ago.. I do like a good cigar but only on certain occasions like a wedding or a good friends birthday stuff like that I think the first time I had 1 I was wasted at a party so not sure... I guess I'm lucky I don't have addictive tendencies and I do feel for the ppl that start then can't stop my mom is going through alot right now and cigs are not helping anything at all.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I think its gross. Never smoked a puff in my life and have no desire to. I help lots of smokers at work on a daily basis and its such an offensive smell.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
Natey2

Natey2

Reaction score
I help lots of smokers at work on a daily basis and its such an offensive smell.

Maybe the tobacco companies should start blending chamomile or lavender with the tobacco :)

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

mapd00d

Reaction score
found a sealed pack on the side of the road after the bus dropped me off at home after school.
i hid it in my closet for a few weeks, and then eventually smoked it out in the backyard just to test it out.
never coughed. wasn't crazy about it, but didn't complain.

since then i always casually smoked, but i got hooked like 9 years later when a coworker would always smoke, and i would just join in with him. now i just gotta have it! ahhhh

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I was young smoking was as prevalent as drinking water. Everyone in my family did it, you saw it everywhere and it was just an accepted thing.
When I was 12 some of us neighborhood kids decided to go buy a pack and smoke them in the woods near our homes, again kinda the norm back then and they didn't check id or you could buy them in vending machines just about everywhere.
When I was a freshman in high school my mom signed a permission slip for me to be allowed to smoke at school, because it was kinda the norm there as well. That's about the time I started smoking "full time" instead of occasionally. I never had to beg borrow or steal to buy them, just collected refund soda bottles (10 bottles would pay for a pack and leave change for bubble gum) to pay for them until I was 16 and got a job and my drivers license.
I totally agree with anyone who suggests "quit now while you're just starting" because in time it becomes as much a part of you as your arms and legs, making it much harder to stop. The physical withdrawal takes about a week to get past but the habit and sense of losing a body part, for lack of a better terminology, takes much much longer

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

rbw62

Reaction score
I stole it from my mother's Winston pack.
My buddies parents smoked Luckies, Camels. So I tried those as well @ age of 14. Then I bought a cigar, back then most cigars had Cuban tobacco in them, it turned me green! I stayed with cancer nails until 1985, then quit. Over 20 years of smoking cancer sticks, then quit because I said when the cost hits over 50 cf pack, that's it. Never looked back.

Sent from Batcave