Who else sets their brightness to the lowest setting?

asmallchild

Reaction score
I have to use auto, I don't work in the sun much but I hate having to constantly switch it. I'm near a charger often enough it's not a huge concern battery-life wise

jzgilbert

Reaction score
I tend to keep mine on the lowest as well, except when I walk to class and its too bright outside and I cant see what I'm texting for the life of me. I keep my power control settings up top on my home screen so I can easily just turn it up and back down.

SinCitySRT4

Reaction score
i hate to switch the settings depending on the lighting so i just keep it on on auto

BradDroid

Reaction score
Indoors = lowest
Outdoors = mid to highest depending on the sun

jasonb

Reaction score
mine is just a hair up from the lowest setting. i am rooted an running BB7.5 so i think the minimum brightness is even lower than stock.

bass_lover1

Reaction score
I keep mine set to auto-dim. And I do not like it, no sir.

The brightness is fine in an office, or outside, I don't mind the screen. And in dim conditions it's good too. But in complete darkness, the auto-dimming does not get dim enough. I haven't tried manually setting it in the dark to see how it works.

This is especially a concern with the multimedia station which I have by my bed, where it's very bright even with auto-dimming, and pressing the little lightbulb for night mode. The worst part of that is that for some STUPID reason, the four lit buttons at the bottom (or right side in this case) of the screen stay on forever with the multimedia station, and do not seem to dim at all.

The other thing I don't like about auto-dimming is that when I hold the phone in landscape (horizontal) orientation, I keep putting my thumb over the sensor and then it dims.

tom

Agreed. It's even worse when you're woken up at 2AM by a text and after reading it once, you can read it about 30 times over because the image was burned into your retinas.

Rettocs

Reaction score
I keep mine all the way down, unless I am using my car dock (or using the phone a lot outside for some reason)

jbernard703

Reaction score
I roll with the lowest setting, unless i am outside. I am a battery life fiend and try to suck every minute i can out of my battery.

jbernard703

Reaction score
i hate to switch the settings depending on the lighting so i just keep it on on auto

I have never been to that screen and until i read this post i didnt even know there was an auto. I always just used the power widget. Learn something new everyday. :motdroidhoriz: