Who else ordered the D3 today!

Immolate

Reaction score
My order also shipped from memphis like a lot have already said and mine is delievery by noon it says, we will see, ordered mine around 9 am this morning

I ordered mine at 07:52 Eastern and received a tracking number at 11:41 Eastern. Delivery by 3pm Friday.

Yup, Memphis is the Atlanta of FedEx I think. I'm just further off the beaten track than you are, being halfway between Daytona and Orlando.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Umm I don't plan to ever look at my phone screen under a microscope so something tells me I won't have anything to worry about. Another member said the D2 had a pentile display and it wasn't bad so I'm sure it will be better then the D1 I currently have.

I should have used a /sarc tag. I'm 48 years old so I'm sure I won't have any complaints with the pentile screen. Besides, what am I going to do, buy a Samsung for the AMOLED+? I'd much rather have a solid tank of a phone with a good screen than a flimsy piece of plastic with a great screen. At least HTC knows how to make plastic feel like quality. Samsung not so much.

Oh and it's the DX2 that has pentile, not the Droid 2.

Insidious

Reaction score
Sweet dude thank you so much! I wanna breathe some life into this old dog! :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nothing has been officially released by VZW or moto either way so we will know more tomorrow for sure, if u want to read up on all things that's been talked about today head over to the D3 roms section and read that thread.. :) that will provide with best info at this time

confirmed unlockable just like the xoom

Where was it confirmed unlockable?? haven't read anywhere that it is. If that's true I would think it'd be all over the place.

It would truly suck if it really ISN'T unlockable though...I can already the angry rants that would ensure and I'm sure it would also impact the sales of the upcoming bionic too...
Btw what exactly does a locked bootloader restrict anyway? I know it means you're stuck with the stock kernel although overclocking and undervolting is still possible...anything else restricted?

n8sco

Reaction score
Woke up to a text from the nice Verizon customer service lady with my tracking number. Fed Ex will deliver tomorrow by 3PM.

Stevelord

Reaction score
I saw heard an email go off on my phone, checked it out, saw it was from Verizon...and then saw it was just a "Order Completion Notice" !!!

Logged into the business site and still just says pending. Looks like no new toy for the weekend. Boooo

mattbooty

Reaction score
Just a bit of info for anyone who might not already know, a signature is required on delivery.

I saw this also when completing my order online so I had it shipped to my office... so yeah ill get no work done tomorrow haha.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
just ordered mine, but it said only the 2 day shipping was available for free...lets hope i get it tomorow but if not by saturday for sure :) im excited to see how well it performs

They don't deliver weekends

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
So we shall soon see what the D3 is capable of...only a few hours or so until they should start arriving at homes

Stevelord

Reaction score
Woke up this morning and saw my shipping email came just after midnight. Getting it by 3pm. ;)

Big D

Reaction score
Went to order right now and it's already out of stock.

Wow. That was freakin quick.

Droid1610

Reaction score
Yea the first Droid didn't sell out that fast... I guess a lot of people were waiting for this one! I was one of the idiots standing at the store before they opened to get the D1 so I didn't wanna wait to get one of these either.. give it a few days and I'm sure they will be back up as available. Or if not hit up ur local store next thursday ..

Maverick0984

Reaction score
TO EVERYONE WHOSE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS THREAD PLEASE READ THIS ONE AS WELL.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3/158323-clear-up-d3-bootloader.html#post1619652

You don't need to feel guilty about any information that was thought or percieved yesterday. Eventually it will get rooted, regardless of bootloader, and that will be enough for most.

We're all adults here (most of us anyway) and make our own decisions. If anyone tries to blame you for their purchase, that's between them and their own common sense.