Who else is upgrading to the RAZR from the OG Droid?

cataylor444

Reaction score
I was waiting for the Bionic, but when I saw the leaked pics of the Razr/HD next to the Bionic, I knew it was my next phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

steveil

Reaction score
Have the OG Droid. Happy with Moto but will look at all 3.

nbucko

Reaction score
Well the official specs are out and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. While the 1.2 GHz dual core processor and 1 GB of RAM are nice I would have liked to see the NFC built in and I'm concerned about the comment of the "built-in 1800 mah battery". Having to pay a huge amount to get the battery replaced, which at some point will probably have to be done to maintain good battery life, is a let down. As well as no mention of an unlocked bootloader.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well the official specs are out and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. While the 1.2 GHz dual core processor and 1 GB of RAM are nice I would have liked to see the NFC built in and I'm concerned about the comment of the "built-in 1800 mah battery". Having to pay a huge amount to get the battery replaced, which at some point will probably have to be done to maintain good battery life, is a let down. As well as no mention of an unlocked bootloader.

NFC won't really be a common thing for a couple more years anyway imo. No big deal there, though it would have been nice. I also wouldn't worry too much about not mentioning an unlocked bootloader. You realize that >95% of the general public has no clue what that would mean anyway, right?

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

nbucko

Reaction score
NFC won't really be a common thing for a couple more years anyway imo. No big deal there, though it would have been nice. I also wouldn't worry too much about not mentioning an unlocked bootloader. You realize that >95% of the general public has no clue what that would mean anyway, right?

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

While NFC isn't common it is becoming more and more widely used. I just thought they would be willing to spare a little bit of weight to add it in. Also, yes I know most people don't have any clue what a bootloader is and why it would be awsome to have it unlocked. However, a lot of us who participate on these forums as well as others do know and understand the importance of it for full control/modification of Android phones. Something that the open source aspect of Android is stands for.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
OG Droid since 12/09. Been itching for my upgrade. Will have until November to compare the new phones and pick out my next nonhumble personal assistant.

gniss39

Reaction score
I just upgraded my OG droid to 3.0 Liquid Gingerbread and it is like having a new phone coming from 2.2 Sourcery ROM! It is so quick and snappy and I like the UI improvements. I'll have to see how battery life is compared to 2.2. Now that it has been officially unleashed by Moto at their event today, anyone getting the Razr for sure or is everyone waiting until tonight where we will get to see ICS and possibly the Prime? I figure might as well wait the 10 hours or so and see what happens at the event since you can't even preorder the Razr until the end of October anyways. So many choices ah!!!

Al Neri

Reaction score
I was really digging this phone til I saw the battery is internal and no access to it. Still looks cool as hell though.

droid.user

Reaction score
OG droid running Liquid 3.0 here also. Its a new phone with every release. My co-workers jumped on the Bionic but i continue to hold out. They also got the dock which is a real cool feature.
Like i said im holding out. Specs look good but Moto give me a QWERTY.

NegativeX

Reaction score
OG Droid here as well... will probably go the Razr route now since the new leaked specs for the Nexus are pretty uninspiring.

drew

Reaction score
I was really digging this phone til I saw the battery is internal and no access to it. Still looks cool as hell though.

I can't imagine this not being a deal breaker for many people. After all, it's what most of us made fun of the iPhone for!

Not only that, but owning a Tbolt and using the 4G LTE radio, a lot of TBolt owners have extended / extra batteries because that radio is such an energy hog.

gniss39

Reaction score
I can't imagine this not being a deal breaker for many people. After all, it's what most of us made fun of the iPhone for!

Not only that, but owning a Tbolt and using the 4G LTE radio, a lot of TBolt owners have extended / extra batteries because that radio is such an energy hog.

Yeah I have 3 batteries total for my OG Droid and it has come in handy so many times to quickly swap a dying battery out and be back at 100%. Whether I'm camping, having more than normal usage during a day, using Navigation/Maps heavily or forgot to charge my phone, it's nice to have the option to swap batteries.

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
I understand where Motorola is coming from with the unremovable battery. It was a choice between 7.1mm w/no removable battery vs more than 7.1mm w/a removable battery. I bet they ran the actuary tables and determined that they'd sell more based on thinness rather than a removable battery.

Josefius

Reaction score
I am definitely blown away by this phone so far, the fact it has Kevlar is incredible. Durability is a big deal for me, as well as the screen and battery life. My upgrade is due in February 2012, not sure about the non-removable battery. I will wait and see what is around when my contract is due for renewal. I have my eye on this phone though.

Last edited: