1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Who else is upgrading to the RAZR from the OG Droid?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by r314bd, Oct 17, 2011.

1. r314bd

r314bd New Member

I feel like there are probably a ton of people like me who bought the OG Motorola Droid in late 2009/early 2010, have recently or will soon become eligible for an upgrade, were turned off by all the delays of the Droid Bionic, and are looking for a significant upgrade.

The RAZR looks like the phone I've been waiting for.
  2. doublea500

doublea500 New Member

perfectly describes me. however i am looking more into the galaxy nexus.
  3. alucard9114

alucard9114 New Member

Galaxy Nexus here also way better screen and its Nexus on Verizon no Brainer:biggrin:
  4. Cor3yS

Cor3yS New Member

Yep og Droid still, I've had a upgrade since September just waiting for the powerhouse phones almost pulled trigger on bionic but just couldn't. I've been hearing nexus vigor and razr are top dogs but they should all vary

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums
  5. r314bd

r314bd New Member

I haven't really looked into the Galaxy Nexus - I guess the event tomorrow will give me a better idea. I was just leaning towards another Moto since I've been very happy with the build quality of the OG Droid (and my RAZR before that) and I'm not really a fan of plasticky feeling phones. But it seems people are raving about the Galaxy Nexus/Prime so I'll have to look into it.

In any case...tomorrow's gonna be a big day :D
  6. altacool

altacool New Member

OG Droid since 11/09

And then I went to buy the Bionic at Costco. Spent a couple hours looking at that screen and just knew I that it would bug the hell out of me and returned it the same day. Thought it was a good phone except for that screen. I am soooo glad I waited now.
  7. soops

soops New Member

I'm also leaning toward this Razr. Moto has been good for me & this razr may finally be good enough to last another 2 yr.

8. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about it. I just don't want a locked down phone...if Moto comes through on their promise about unlocking the bootloaders, I'll hop right on this bad boy.

If that's weeks or a couple months from now, its cool. My OG keeps me perfectly content

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums
  9. gniss39

gniss39 New Member

I've been eligible for an upgrade for a while and have been rocking an OG droid I bought off of eBay for last year. I used my upgrade plus $50 VZW credit to get the 32 gb iPhone 4S but may regret it. I haven't gotten it yet, should come in sometime this week, but with the upcoming Prime and this release, maybe I should stay on the Android side.... only time will tell. Luckily the iPhone will have a high resale value so I could sell it then buy one of these phones full retail although that would probably cost a pretty penny (>$500)
  10. Cor3yS

Cor3yS New Member

That's prolly what they will cost with 2 year($500) lol prices are getting insane kinda like gas was doing seeing how high they can go before we start complaining

11. gniss39

gniss39 New Member

Yeah I was being conservative with the estimate. Wouldn't be surprised if retail starts to get in the 700's with the crazy technology they are fitting in these phones. Also factor in any accessories such as cases, extra/extended battery, screen protectors... don't even want to think about it ha
  12. vonfink13

vonfink13 New Member

got my OG droid on day one and it looks like it is time to upgrade..the razr just might be the one...wanna look at that and the prime..but i am moto fan and that kevlar backing is just too cool..cant wait to hear some reviews of both...
  13. cece5702

cece5702 Member

Does anyone have any specs on the Razr?
  14. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Moderator

I also was holding out for the Bionic but then I was disappointed after tease after tease. So now this comes out today and cant wait. But at the same time I havent seen the specs on the nexus. But I also bought the Original Moto Droid.
  15. SANhacker

SANhacker New Member

No hurry here. Running the OG with Liquid 3.0 and life is good.
    If the RAZR has a locked bootloader, no way.
    I'll wait for the Nexus or Vigor/Rezound and read the reviews before pulling the trigger.
  16. cataylor444

cataylor444 New Member

I was waiting for the Bionic, but when I saw the leaked pics of the Razr/HD next to the Bionic, I knew it was my next phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  17. steveil

steveil New Member

Have the OG Droid. Happy with Moto but will look at all 3.
  18. nbucko

nbucko New Member

Well the official specs are out and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. While the 1.2 GHz dual core processor and 1 GB of RAM are nice I would have liked to see the NFC built in and I'm concerned about the comment of the "built-in 1800 mah battery". Having to pay a huge amount to get the battery replaced, which at some point will probably have to be done to maintain good battery life, is a let down. As well as no mention of an unlocked bootloader.
  19. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

NFC won't really be a common thing for a couple more years anyway imo. No big deal there, though it would have been nice. I also wouldn't worry too much about not mentioning an unlocked bootloader. You realize that >95% of the general public has no clue what that would mean anyway, right?

20. nbucko

nbucko New Member

While NFC isn't common it is becoming more and more widely used. I just thought they would be willing to spare a little bit of weight to add it in. Also, yes I know most people don't have any clue what a bootloader is and why it would be awsome to have it unlocked. However, a lot of us who participate on these forums as well as others do know and understand the importance of it for full control/modification of Android phones. Something that the open source aspect of Android is stands for.