Who downgraded back to Froyo!?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Droid X Gingerbread has a lot of issues for those of us who like tethering and such, so I'm downgrading to Froyo at least for now.... Pretty much did that for 10 char haha you guys could care less what I do.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'm pretty sure tether still works on the .573 GB leak. You could always just try that and maybe avoid the "downgrade"!

leonozug

Reaction score
I went back to Rubix Focused 2.0.1...I just feel it is superior to Gingerbread, and has much less issues with it. I may try some custom Roms out there on .596, but I always seem to go back to Rubix.

wyld

Reaction score
I sbf'd back to Froyo so i could reroot and install the 2 part rooted gingerbread I have no need for tethering and only real big issue I'm having is the really really bright hardware keys now with a mind of there own! Lol

sent from my Rooted Gingerbread DroidX using DroidForums

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Oh yeah, forgot to add an option for the bright lights with minds of their own haha.

Torpedo IPA

Reaction score
Looking for help on this... I was told by verizon that I can't go back. Pretty sure I can but have no experience with installing on the DROIDX. Looking around the forums to see if there is a place that Froyo rom exists, seeing nothing... I'll keep looking but I'd love to get back to Froyo without rooting the phone. Possible?

Thanks!

Torpedo IPA

Reaction score
You can sbf back to Froyo I did it last night and rerooted then installed the 2 part gingerbread so I can stay rooted here is the sbf page

Droid X SBF

I am pretty positive that you can SBF back to Froyo

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Thanks guys! I will try SBF-ing (whatever that means) back to Froyo based on your link wyld, downloading now. THANK YOU!!!!

wyld

Reaction score
Froyo sbf is over 400 MB it takes awhile to download to computer I use rsb lite 4.9 and also get update Motorola drivers for Droid x watch a video on you tube before doing anything do it wrong you can screw it up be carefully!

chiruscan

Reaction score
I dont plan on upgrading until Verizon releases the beta version at least.

I like my phone the way it is.

wyld

Reaction score
I dont plan on upgrading until Verizon releases the beta version at least.

I like my phone the way it is.

An upgrade is an upgrade you get what you get from vzw anyway! Lol

porpoise hork

Reaction score
I sbf'd back to Froyo so i could reroot and install the 2 part rooted gingerbread I have no need for tethering and only real big issue I'm having is the really really bright hardware keys now with a mind of there own! Lol

once youre back up to .596 rooted d/l adjbrightness (free) from the market go to the app settings and set "system brightness mode" on, "auto restore" on and "lock off button light" on.

this will allow GB to continue to control the brightness automatically or how ever you set it and will shut off the launch button led's.

only drawback is you have to restart this app everytime you reboot the phone.