Who Do You Contact When an App Won't Install?

pdmike

Reaction score
I went to the App store and purchased a copy of the California Penal Code. It ran around four bucks, as I recall. I thought it was all loaded onto my phone and all was OK - they certainly took my money quick enough.

Anyway, when I tap on the icon to access the app, I get a message telling me I have to "download the data base." I do as instructed. The green bar creeps across the screen until the percentage gets to 100%. I figure I'm good. I tap again on the icon. You got it - I get the same message telling me I have to "download the data base."

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what. If someone has any thoughts on that, please let me know.

But my question is, what do you do when you have paid for an app and it doesn't work or, as in this case, it won't install properly? Where do you go? Who do you talk to? I actually purchased THREE California code apps - Penal, Health and Safety and Vehicle. They are all pulling the same business on me, and, in the meantime, I am out twelve bucks or so with no working apps on my phone.

Is there some place I can contact to get this straightened out? Or an I just SOL?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have 24 hours to request your money back. Are you within 24 hours of the purchase?

If not, go to the developers web site and post your issues there. The market help section has some links for troubleshooting and contacting.
Good luck.

Mike

eliassami5

Reaction score
contact the developer and request a refund, they will give it to you most likely if you explain your situation. But as stated above you have a 24hr window to request a refund.

And this is an app developer issue, not the phones issue, so you will have to contact them for help.

OP
pdmike

pdmike

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I am outside of the 24-hour window. And I am less concerned about the money than I am getting the darn apps to just work properly. I think I am just doing something wrong - the icons are all on my home screen. Well, I'll keep plugging and see if I can solve the problem

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
Usually in the information section off the app in the market it has a link to contact developer or there is a link in the email they sent to your GMail acct email

OP
pdmike

pdmike

Reaction score
Oops - sorry. I forgot there is a distinct, apps forum.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you post in that forum to see if someone who has the app may provide guidance?