Who designed this drivel?

andyc

Reaction score
I have had a number of bugs and until now I've considered them mere annoyances.

I just opened my phone (moto droid) for the first time in a couple hours to send a text message, and my entire call history and contact list is gone. All text messages are still there, with only the phone number. All my music, my apps, everything is still there, but the thing that will take a couple hours to refill is gone.

Did android just release an update or something that installed while I was sitting here, causing some bug? There is absolutely ZERO excuse for this. What the hell is going on over there at the android workshop.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums...
You catch my flies with honey than vinegar.:icon_ nono:

You contact list is sync'd to your G-mail account. So unless you deleted it from there it's not gone. Make sure Settings > accounts & sync settings > that sync is on to your g-mail account.

Log onto your g-mail account and see if your contact list is still there.

irishdroid

Reaction score
Why would it take you hours to put your contacts back in? Log into your Gmail account and sync your contacts, they are stored in the cloud. Not sure what would cause that????

OP
andyc

andyc

Reaction score
Apparently sync is experiencing some problems right now.

hinky

Reaction score
My sympathies. It took me days to just get up and running. The Android OS is a beta, at best, and part of the deal is learning how to manage with third party apps. I use a backup app called mybackup pro which backs everything up to the SD card and I use sugarsync to automatically backup the backup somewhere. Yes, it's all maddening although I haven't had the data deletion.... well, not yet.

IcyDroid

Reaction score
Apparently sync is experiencing some problems right now.

Yeah Google was having problems with this earlier this morning, lots of time-outs. Didn't help the fact that I needed to do this before I got a new Droid.