Who carries their Droid naked? How has it held up (scratches)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by N54power, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hrm..... I have had my phone in this case [​IMG]

I have not pocketed the phone once in the 5 days I have had it, I have not dropped it, yet today when cleaning the screen at work I noticed a VERY FINE SMALL scratch in the bottom right hand corner near the search (magnify) icon :( im sure bummed and pissed because I have taken better care of this phone than any other phone I have had.

ok so I just tried to take a picture of my scratch and it was nearly impossible to see on camera. (Nikon D80) I am a shutter bug as a hobbyist so maybe my lighting in my house at night is bad, but I can assure you its there my fingernail can feel it

-=Jason=-

2. Sodner

Sodner Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Naked with a Zagg screen protector since day one. With a little buffing and cleaning I'm sure it pass as brand new. I just carry mine in my pants pocket. I did buy a plastic snap on case but did not like it and never used it.

3. xylene303

xylene303 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Naked, rugged, and raw. I always keep mine in my pocket when i'm not working. For work i use a company called "ripoffs"... hand made in the usa. The holster completely covers the phone. perfect for working in construction.

i dropped her a couple of times in my apartment, though i have wall to wall carpet. no damage at all so far.

4. BIG TEX

BIG TEX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I carry my phone around with no protection. I've only had it for a month and it has no scratches yet. I put this phone through a lot too. I off road a lot at work so my phone is constantly flying across the truck. I also toss it in my pocket with keys and loose change. I guess it ain't as delicate as some people think.

5. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I keep hearing from people who rock the phone nekked and put keys in the pocket etc... yet I was super anal and have had the phone for 5 days and I have NO IDEA how I got a scratch in my screen.... im pissed.

-=Jason=-

6. ggpike

ggpike New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine was fine until last week when it went flying out of my coat pocket and skidded across the cement. Now there is raw, scraped, dented metal all around the screen, scratches on the screen and two big cracks. One in the upper right, about an inch long, and one on the middle right hand side about half an inch across. it's still usable, but it looks aweful. I'll be taking it back to see if I can get a referb and I will be putting a case on it this time. I just hope the referb is as goood as the Droid I have now which has given me 0 problems.

7. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've used a G1 pouch since Nov. 6th. But when it is not in the pouch it's naked. A few weeks ago I began to see small scratches on the edge that wraps the screen. I treat the phone like a baby and have never dropped it. So now I am going to give the Seido case a try. Should arrive tomorrow!

8. b0n3s

b0n3s Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mines naked. Scratches don't bother me. The way I look at it is as long as it works fine that's all that matters. "Its not a princess, its a robot" LOL a little wear around the edges makes it look like a battle worn veteran. Lets not let scratches that will occur no matter what in the long run ruin the whole Droid experience:)

9. jimnutt

jimnutt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Naked, although I have the Verizon snap on case I don't really like it. Too difficult to get on and off. I did just find the pouch that came with my old 6800 and discovered that it fits the droid quite nicely, so that's always an option.

10. oCrashandBurno

oCrashandBurno New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had mine naked for a little over two months, worked perfectly fine and had no scratches, but after I dropped it on concrete at the gym I got a case just to be safe, it didnt get scratched though which was awesome.....

11. Tillers_Rule

Tillers_Rule Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea, scratches on the boody don't bother me one bit, as long as the phone functions like it should. Don't like to scratch the glass at all though!

12. Gunghoray

Gunghoray Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ditto.

Droid in left front pocket. Keys in right front pocket. No scratches, No hits, No errors.

Use Car Dock every time I crank up the Z3 to listen to books. Use Home Dock as an alarm clock every night.

This is the only phone I've ever been totally satisfied to own....

Prof Ray

Search tags for this page

droid x2 torture test

nurdxieqdoird