Who can't stand the loud "camera shutter / flash recharge" sound from screen capture?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmmm. I'll have to try this.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah jb roms had that feature with a warning that some states may have laws against using the feature. Of course im saying off the top of my head.

sent from galaxy nexus running jellybean. Are you running jellybean yet?

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yeah jb roms had that feature with a warning that some states may have laws against using the feature. Of course im saying off the top of my head.

sent from galaxy nexus running jellybean. Are you running jellybean yet?

Please clarify...are you saying that using the screen capture is against the law in some states, or that silencing it is...? I'm confused! :blink:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
silencing camera is in certain states i believe. screen shot i would not think so ,,,

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm glad there are some out here benefiting from this information. :icon_ banana: I think that sometimes manufacturers go too far with the "novelty" of their devices and forget that sounds and display changes and such can be considered a nuisance by some.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I love you......i love you.....i love you!!!!

The feeling is mutual... Anyone who sheds love on me will be reciprocated. Thanks!~! :icon_ banana:

Caesars

Reaction score
Re: Who't sand the loud "camera shutter / flash recharge" sound from screen capture?

I believe this is a law in some other counties because of the excessive privacy invasions.

Return of the Android

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know if there are any laws yet, but bill H.R.414 is specifically for this purpose.

[h=1]"H.R.414 - Camera Phone Predator Alert Act[/h]To require mobile phones containing digital cameras to make a sound when a photograph is taken."

mykl376

Reaction score
Will have to check this out. I don't think the sound would be "illegal" on a screen capture, unless you're capturing the screen that just so happenes to have your camera open. Then your picture will be horrible though, without the full, unseen resolution of a normal picture...

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
THANK YOU.

I can't tell you how many times I've taken a screen capture of something funny on my phone, and people around me, not knowing what I was doing, looked at me like I was a ****ing lunatic snapping a pic of his crotch giggling.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
This is interesting.

Funny thing is, if you hold your finger over the speaker slot, the sound is completely blocked out anyway. I know this because when I reboot my phone every so often if I'm in bed at night, I do this to prevent the DROID sound from waking my wife.

So people would just hold their finger in the appropriate manner and the bill (or law) is effectively circumvented.

If they really wanted to make it next to impossible to circumvent, the transducer that produces the "shutter" and "capacitor recharge" sounds would have to be positioned such that the sound could "leak" out of all sides through the case openings, or they could make the case the actual transducer (speaker) by placing the magnet structure on the inside of the case back, similar to this (there are others by the way, but this vid is really good at the demonstration and pretty funny toward the end)...

[video=youtube;aH3fNl5jEp8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aH3fNl5jEp8[/video]

(The good part starts at 1:30)

Rock It 2.0: Turns any surface into a speaker system | Technoholik.com

Last edited: